We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

advice for Maldives vacation

wassenaar
Level Contributor
17 posts
76 reviews
Save Topic
advice for Maldives vacation

We are a family of 2 adults and 2 children and would like to go to one of the Maldives islands during March 28 to April2, 2014. Our main activities are: swimming in sea and pools and relaxation. We would like to be by the sea all the time. The place must be nice and clean. Our budget for the hotel is $300 per night for the group of 2 adults and 2 children either in one large room or 2 rooms.

Please advise of choices(Islands and hotels).

Divide, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
14,374 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: advice for Maldives vacation

how old are the children?

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: advice for Maldives vacation

It's not a big budget and you are going high season, age of kids is important as spammie says,

Off the top of my head I would suggest Bandos.

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,176 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: advice for Maldives vacation

I'm sorry but I honestly don't think you are going to find a resort hotel within budget. in fact I'll stick my neck out and say it's impossible at that time of year, even if your children are babies and somehow don't attract any costs. The only way that I can see for it to happen is if you either increase your budget significantly or go to one of Guest Houses on a local island. These are a bit cheaper (not hugely so) but you have to bear in mind that Sharia Law applies so there is no alcohol and restrictions on what you can wear in public.

SL

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: advice for Maldives vacation

Actually I think sun lover is right, I just checked Bandos and the cheapest they had for those dates for two adults and two kids, is 600 usd a night.

Divide, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
14,374 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: advice for Maldives vacation

yes I have to agree .. it likely doesn't matter how old the kids are . its not going to happen within budget

wassenaar
Level Contributor
17 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: advice for Maldives vacation

13 and 15 years old

wassenaar
Level Contributor
17 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: advice for Maldives vacation

Thanks for replies.

Divide, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
14,374 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: advice for Maldives vacation

those ages makes them adults . you will need 2 rooms ... and tripling your budget - at least.

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: advice for Maldives vacation

Yep, you are looking at a two bed room or two rooms. You can get Bandos. but you will need to double the budget. You can look at some of the more budget ones like eriyadu etc but I don't think it's going to be possible, I'm sorry, you will need to up the budget.

Plus remember you have transfers, food and drink is expensive, taxes etc.

You could go local guest house, but that's a whole different experience.

10. Re: advice for Maldives vacation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 December 2014, 05:19