We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with choosing a All-Inclusive resort for honeymoon.

4 posts
Save Topic
Help with choosing a All-Inclusive resort for honeymoon.

Hello everyone,

I have been on TA for past couple of months reading up on the

forums about all these fantastic resorts.

Trying to pick one is really really hard!

So I finally decided to just ask all the experts.

From all the reading I found that I should be as specific as possible with our wants.

So here we go:

Will be traveling on April 23 2014 for 6~10 days.

Total budget roughly $10,000 ~$15,000USD

(seaplane/boat included)(airfare to male separate)

travel to resort not too long as my wife gets seasick, planesick easily.

want a very private ocean view water villa with pool, jacuzzi,

some glass flooring(looks so awesome...)

multiple restaurant choices (all of them included in AI)

very nice bar/bars (all drinks on AI, premiums on AI preferred not required)

mini bar (on AI)

option to not even leave the villa for the whole day and order it all in (AI preferred)

(can drinks be ordered in?)

very helpful dive center as we are both newbies

should have some decent diving, snorkeling, game fishing

(can these be on AI too?)

basically I would not like to spend any more than I have paid for when booking

(except gratuity for staff)

less family oriented

flexibility to mingle and have a lot of privacy, if can't do both then purely privacy

well..I think I have pointed everything out...

I have a few places in mind but will not point them out to see Maldives experts' opinions first!

Thank you for all the help!

4 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Help with choosing a All-Inclusive resort for honeymoon.

cannot find an edit button....

forgot to say..great food is also a must

Lincolnshire...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
7,962 posts
274 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help with choosing a All-Inclusive resort for honeymoon.

Welcome to the forum.

First of all, if you insist on AI with a choice of restaurants included (Select AI or dine around AI) then you are looking at kuramathi, Reethi beach, Kandolhu (not open) and I think PH Hadahaa. Can't think of any others.

With some of these you may have to compromise on the room features, or something else.

All of the above are reached by seaplane or domestic plane, plus boat.

So, you would open up your options by re-thinking your AI requirements.

How long is the maximum for your transfer and are all the possibilities (seaplane, domestic plane, boat transfer) an option?

Kandolhu isn't open yet so we don't have much real information - and April, would be a bit close to the proposed opening for my liking.

AI won't include diving costs. AI may include an excursion, such as a sunset cruise, but not game fishing. It is better to bring your own snorkelling gear. The AI package varies with the island so it has to be checked carefully.

Many of the 5* island with pool water villas do not offer AI at all.

Edited: 14 December 2013, 06:07
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Help with choosing a All-Inclusive resort for honeymoon.

Hi Lynphd!

Enjoyed your posts/review on Komandoo!

Komandoo looks great, hope they had more dining options and a better AI..

Did you ever get bored of eating at the one restaurant?

Any sort of transfer is fine, waiting time for transfers is not a big deal just as long as the travel time is not too

long(>2hours)

Maybe I am being too picky...

AI musts - all meals, drinks, minibar.

others are just a bonus

wifey really wants a pool in the water villa, which I don't understand when the ocean is right there...

she would probably settle for just a jacuzzi..

thanks again~

Lincolnshire...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
7,962 posts
274 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help with choosing a All-Inclusive resort for honeymoon.

Kuramathi has dine around select AI and jacuzzi water villas (hot tub)...or a honeymoon (beach) villa with a pool out back. Reef for snorkelling. Seaplane flight of about 25 mins. Downside may be that it is a larger island with vehicles.

Edited: 14 December 2013, 21:21
Lincolnshire...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
7,962 posts
274 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help with choosing a All-Inclusive resort for honeymoon.

PHH has rooms with pool (not been). Not sure how long the domestic transfer takes....but I'm sure someone will be along to tell you more soon (and about the dining etc on AI) ;-)

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
4,224 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help with choosing a All-Inclusive resort for honeymoon.

Hello

A pool water villa at Baros would be stunning and meet all your requirements and spare your wife a long transfer (25 minute speedboat). Baros has a good house reef and great in villa dining plus 3 restaurants. It does not accept young children and is very romantic. Like many 5 star islands it does not offer AI but then those that do tend to be restrictive anyway. We went B&B basis and spent $1k on drinks and food for a week this September. We loved it so much we are returning in April.

Karla

Northern Ireland...
Level Contributor
9,124 posts
286 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Help with choosing a All-Inclusive resort for honeymoon.

Park hyatt hadahaa fits almost every requirement except for a pool in the water villa although the land villas have pools. 5 star , anAI package easily the best in the Maldives including Moët champagne by the bottle , wagyu steaks , whole lobster, any wine up to $180 a bottle. Anything u want in your mini bar, best reef I've ever seen. I don't think any resort ticks all those boxes u want ticked but if its a 5 star , with AI and a great reef then PHH is the one. Special offers to UK customers mean that AI is not much more than HB

4 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Help with choosing a All-Inclusive resort for honeymoon.

Hi Paul,

Thank you for the input.

By chance do you know how Lily beach and PHH compare in their AI?

London, United...
Level Contributor
691 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Help with choosing a All-Inclusive resort for honeymoon.

I've been to both Lily Beach and Park Hyatt, although I was not on AI on Park Hyatt. I'd say Lily Beach fits two requirements better (the glass flooring and the water villas with pools). Everything else is much better at Park Hyatt (reef, island beauty, food/service, etc).

Lily Beach has a very comprehensive AI plan, but Park Hyatt takes it a step further in my opinion. There were dining restrictions at Lily Beach, whereas you can freely dine in the fine-dining restaurant at Park Hyatt as often as you'd like. There are also no restrictions on premium items like wagyu beef or whole lobster. And of course, champagne is also included in the AI! It really is one of the best value AI plans I've ever seen- for the U.K market at least.

Northern Ireland...
Level Contributor
9,124 posts
286 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Help with choosing a All-Inclusive resort for honeymoon.

Of the resorts i have been to, 3 of them have had and are know for having pretty extensive AI plans; Kuramathi, Maafushivaru and Athuruga. Lily Beach and Constance Moofushi (particulary Moofushi) have maybe slighty better plans. But none of them give you what the AI at PHH gives you. Its chalk and cheese and if you like fine wine and the best food you can get onto your plate, PHH all the way. And when you think we paid something like £120 (in total) to go from B & B to AI, you would be insane not to opt for AI (although those offers are exclusive to the UK and have increased in price this year but are still bargains for UK residents)