We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Komandoo in May 2014

Mumbai
Level Contributor
64 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Komandoo in May 2014

After going back and forth between Vilamendhoo and many other resorts, I stumbled upon Komandoo and fell in love with it, especially thanks to the rave reviews it has gotten.

Now here lies the problem :

I am getting a quote of $1345 per person for 6 Nights FB for 5 nights BV and 1 night JWV.

There are no BVs on sunrise side. Is it worth the money to stay on the sunset side?? I have heard very negative reviews about the sunset side particularly a local island disrupting the views.

Another quote I have is for 6 nights JWV. Full Board again. $1550 per person. I honestly don't want to spend $400 extra. But if the sunset side is that bad, then I guess I will.

Please help!!

P.S. : I have to decide in the next day or two!!

Thanks!

Lincolnshire...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
8,470 posts
288 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Komandoo in May 2014

The JWVs are in a semi circle....so some of those still face towards the local island a bit.

We don't find the local island to be a problem but for better views we prefer the sunrise side and opt for a JBV. All BVs are on the sunset side facing the local island. There are also a few JBVs on that side. The sunrise side has unobstructed views and has only JBVs.

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
1,063 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Komandoo in May 2014

It's all good! We've been to Komandoo 5 times and if not in the watervillas we always stay on the sunset side! We sometimes go with friends who like Lynphd always stay on the sunrise side. Lovely peaceful island wherever you stay on it.

Mumbai
Level Contributor
64 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Komandoo in May 2014

So, the BVs are not all that bad? Also how do you ensure you get the exact villa that you want? Does the hotel listen if you inform them in advance?

I am thinking of going HB instead of FB and taking up JBV and JWV. Is that a better idea? After a heavy breakfast, we probably will have a light lunch anyways.

Divide, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
14,374 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Komandoo in May 2014

you will not likely get the exact villa you want . your best odds are to make a request for as large a group of numbers as possible and they typically do what they can to accommodate . there is no guaranty - even though you could get exceptionally lucky .

Lincolnshire...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
8,470 posts
288 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Komandoo in May 2014

You can't select an exact room. You can make a request to be in a certain number range - but they won't guarantee that they can give you what you prefer. If they are full, they can only give out the room(s) that are coming free as you arrive. All islands are the same in this.

We simply request any JBV on the sunrise side (I.e, preferring not to get one of the 6 or so JBVs which are on the sunset side facing Hinnavaru).

We also go HB; you can find examples of food/drink prices on our blog on here from last month.

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
8,475 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Komandoo in May 2014

RG

Great choice :-) we chose to stay in a JBV on HB at Komandoo next year too :-)))

Or did Lyn choose it for us lol

Darryl

Mumbai
Level Contributor
64 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Komandoo in May 2014

Done and Sealed!

BV + JWV on HB basis.. Can't wait!!! :)

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
1,063 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Komandoo in May 2014

Excellent! I would suggest you request a JWV in the number range 7 - 14 then so that you have a different view from the one you will get from your BV.

9. Re: Komandoo in May 2014

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 December 2014, 05:18