I would very much appreciate direction on selecting resorts for a stay in the Maldives....
I will be traveling to the Maldives on my honeymoon with my future husband in October 2014 (10/3/2014 - 10/9/2014).
Our budget is $1000 - $1500 USD for a Water Villa.
Our most important features are:
1) Overwater bungalow that has unobstructed views of the ocean from every room; with outdoor lounge area (pluge pool is a plus but not required)
2) Island far away from the airport. We want to visit an island that is further away from the bigger city in order to avoid light/noise pollution.
3) Island Beauty / Snorkeling. We are looking for an island with a nice house reef. We are not avid snorkelers (have snorkeled in Hawaii and Carribbean) but would like to see something different.
4) Smaller resort geared towards couples (looking to avoid kids).
5) Would prefer resort with good variety and quality in food (does not need to be AI)
Thank you in advance for your help!!