We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help AI choice, but open to suggestions

Toronto, Canada
7 posts
Save Topic
Help AI choice, but open to suggestions

Hi everyone,

Wondering if the seasoned visitors can help me out here. My fiancé and I are trying to plan our honeymoon to the Maldives but we find it hard to make out decision. We've searched the forum boards extensively and have found some great info, even on this topic but most have been dated about 1.5 years to 2 years plus. Here goes, we were first looking for AI but really only saw resorts offering it as Lily Beach and Constance Moofushi. We saw somewhere that the Park Hyatt also has an AI package as well. We are from Canada and right now our budget is about 10,000 max for accommodation and food/drink for 8-10 days. We've already been quoted under this for Constance Moofushi however one of our priorities is that we want a very good house reef where we can see plentiful fish, rays, (some sharks) etc. we've read that Constance has just a decent house reef where Park Hyatt has one of the best. We want to stay away from Lily beach as many have said it is more family friendly and we want a honeymoon experience. So now hopefully some other suggestions might help our search. We see names thrown around (maybe short forms) and sometimes we don't know what they mean. But here is what we're looking for:

Good house reef

Good food

Non dated accommodations - basically we want a place where the room and grounds don't look dated or weathered.

Any suggestions would be great. Thanks everyone.

Thanks,

Terence

suffolk
Level Contributor
3,630 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help AI choice, but open to suggestions

Terence, welcome to the forum.

Don't talk yourself out of it. If PHH is within budget, book it.

There are few better.

John

lancashire
Level Contributor
756 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Help AI choice, but open to suggestions

Athuruga , thudufushi , PHH looks good !!

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
7,994 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help AI choice, but open to suggestions

Hi

Check out ....

Mirihi

Athuruga

Robinson club

Vilamendhoo

All subject to budget & I am not sure if Mirihi offer AI but all have a great reef

Good luck

Darryl

suffolk
Level Contributor
3,630 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help AI choice, but open to suggestions

Darryl, your phone has gone wrong again!!

Nothing wrong with the first three but Vila.........?????

Not in the same league.

John

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
7,994 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help AI choice, but open to suggestions

Yes you are correct John but it has got a great reef

Cumbria, United...
Level Contributor
3,446 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help AI choice, but open to suggestions

Mirihi don't do AI and I thought Robinson only did fullboard plus - wine, beer, water and soft drinks with meals and you get bottled water (1L?) everyday in your room. Has this changed and they now offer AI?

London, United...
Level Contributor
691 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Help AI choice, but open to suggestions

I've been to all the resorts listed so far, and I agree with John. Park Hyatt is definitely the best option given your criteria. The food is superb, and I have yet to see a better house reef in the Maldives. No comparison at all with other resorts that offer AI.

Toronto, Canada
7 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Help AI choice, but open to suggestions

Thanks everyone. We think Mirihi will be closed the time we want to go, which is in July. Also those who have bee to Park Hyatt, can someone give me an idea of how much food and drink will be? Eg is there an example of a bottle of wine and the price? Beer and price? A meal for dinner and something like a casual lunch? Let's say the price of burger and fries?

Also off topic. Since we are going in July, we heard it was wet season. Will we we disappointed during this time ? Is it usually overcast and rainy?

London, United...
Level Contributor
691 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Help AI choice, but open to suggestions

If you have an iPad, Park Hyatt has an app that lists every menu along with prices. From memory, main courses range from $20-40 for lunch and $40-80 for dinner. Most drinks from the Bar are $10-20 per glass. They also have a large collection of wines. Prices range from under $100 to well over $1000.

Wet season is very hard to predict. You do have a higher chance of rain, but I've yet to experience continuous overcast conditions. It is very possible to have clear skies and sunny weather during this period, and many people are willing to take the risk because of the lower prices.

Northern Ireland...
Level Contributor
9,124 posts
287 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Help AI choice, but open to suggestions

Terence ihave wine / drink prices and lunch menus ... I will post