We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anantara Dhigu or Jumeirah Vittaveli

RI
5 posts
Save Topic
Anantara Dhigu or Jumeirah Vittaveli

I am trying to decide between these two resorts for April. The Jumeirah looks beautiful with a nice reef but the Anantara also looks good with shallower waters. Has anyone stayed at either one or better yet both that can give some feedback. You can only tell so much from pictures.

Madrid, Spain
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
4,074 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anantara Dhigu or Jumeirah Vittaveli

Anantara Dighu is a great island, with great villas, service, food and the most beautiful lagoon I have seen in the Maldives.

Jumeirah vittavelli offers more luxurious villas and has a reef. So if you want a reef, go to Jumeirah, but it will be also more expensive...

RI
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Anantara Dhigu or Jumeirah Vittaveli

Anantara seems a bit older. Is it kept up well? The rates are very comparable so that is not a concern. I feel Anatara is a bit more picturesque and seems a little more true to the Maldives. The Jumeirah villas look nice but it seems the reef is the big appeal. I just want to make the right choice. It's my first time in the Maldives but have been to Seychelles and Tahiti.

Divide, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
14,736 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anantara Dhigu or Jumeirah Vittaveli

if you want "true to the Maldives" then its "neither" . but you really are not sharing your preferences and priorities . how did you arrive at these two choices ? please share what is important to you

RI
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Anantara Dhigu or Jumeirah Vittaveli

What would be true to the Maldives with comparable rates? Originally it was between the Taj and the Jumeirah. We only have three days and these were close enough to the main island to limit transfer time. My wife would not go in a sea plane. The Jumeirah offered a better rate with all taxes and fees included then I came across the Anantara. I am using Amex points to pay. I want a nice water villa, good lagoons, good food and service. Ideally it is just a few days to totally get away and relax. Reef snorkeling is not a priority.

Madrid, Spain
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
4,074 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anantara Dhigu or Jumeirah Vittaveli

I was at Anantara Dighu in 2007, and it had opened very closely... I don't know how it is being maintained, but I guess that it is well.

The lagoon and the sunsets are amazing, villas are great, beautiful island without staff area (i like that a lot) and it's one island where I want to go back. If reef isn't a priority, it's a great option, just yo to the one you prefer. If you are worried about maintenance, read the last reviews to see if they say something about it...

RI
5 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Anantara Dhigu or Jumeirah Vittaveli

Thank you everyone for the input.

RI
5 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Anantara Dhigu or Jumeirah Vittaveli

Anyone else have any input?

London
Level Contributor
75 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Anantara Dhigu or Jumeirah Vittaveli

Hi Etma

I can vouch for Anantara Dhigu as having one of the clearest lagoon's in the maldives. A beautiful island with a great beach, plenty of restaurants (although you may want to avoid having dinner too early to ensure you're not sat next to large families with children, as it is a family friendly resort).

You can always take the 5 min boat over to the Anantara Veli (sister resort) and have dinner at one of the restaurants there but the quality of the rooms and the lagoon is much better at the Dhigu than at the Veli.

Anantara doesn't have a reef, however snorkelling isn't a priority for you so you'll be fine.

The Anantara is of course a Thai brand, so service/hospitality is of the highest standard.

I hope that helps

Amit (Simply Maldives)

9. Re: Anantara Dhigu or Jumeirah Vittaveli

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 January 2014, 14:45
10. Re: Anantara Dhigu or Jumeirah Vittaveli

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 January 2015, 05:17