We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

family vacation to maldives with 5 month old baby girl

Singapore
Level Contributor
10 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
family vacation to maldives with 5 month old baby girl

My husband and i are heading to the maldives in 3 weeks time and would like to know if the water (if boiled in kettle) is safe to drink to make baby formula.

I understand that each island has a desalination plant using membrane technology. I prefer not to use mineral water for the baby as their kidneys are still immature.

We live in Singapore (South East Asia) so there is no transition to the Maldivian climate and humidity for us. Likewise for the risk of dengue fever as it's an almost day-to-day thing for us here. My baby girl has so far been patient on long road trips (12 hours long non-stop) and has already taken to swimming on sunny days. In Singapore, almost 75% of the tap water is also processed using membrane technology.

Thanks and grateful for answers to my query.

Northern Ireland...
Level Contributor
9,124 posts
286 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: family vacation to maldives with 5 month old baby girl

i know tap water is safe enough but we have only ever drank bottled water in the maldives. That is what all resorts push.

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,176 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: family vacation to maldives with 5 month old baby girl

Hi and welcome to the forum

The water is absolutely fine, if boiled. It is just the taste that is off putting to some people, hence the reliance on bottled water! Hope you have a great holiday.

SL

3. Re: family vacation to maldives with 5 month old baby girl

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 January 2015, 06:20