We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

SCUBA diving. Maldives or Indonesia

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
94 posts
72 reviews
Save Topic
SCUBA diving. Maldives or Indonesia

Trying to figure out where to go on my next diving trip. Heard great things about both hard to make a decision

1. Know someone been to both and said Indonesia (specifically Wakatobi Resort) was better diving than Maldives. However no big fish like sharks and mantas. Said Maldives current was too rough. Not for beginners (which im not but mt daughter is)

2. Would like to dive with whale sharks, manta's etc.

3. 14 yr daughter would prob come. Concerned about strong drift. However videos i see on you tube are all calm? Not strong drifts needing reef hook like i've read.

4. Was planning to do maybe 5 days on land resort and 5 days on liveaboard. But i may just do only liveaboard. Depending on total costs.

Anyone been to both and can make aome suggestions. I plan tk cross post in indonesia forum

Madrid, Spain
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
4,074 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: SCUBA diving. Maldives or Indonesia

There are some places with currents in Maldives, but no all of them... I have just once dived at a very strong current... Be quiet about that.

2. Re: SCUBA diving. Maldives or Indonesia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 February 2015, 06:18