We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon Trip

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Topic
Honeymoon Trip

Hello ,

I am from India and planning for Honeymoon in Maldives in Mid of June 2014.

Please let me know is it a good time to visit Maldives considering rain , humidity and summers.

I want the trip of at least 5 days and also wish it to be economical but a good experience.

I have been told that we can not enjoy in Maldives without booking costly resorts and there is nothing for more than 3 days.

So please let me know feasibility of our tour and also some good resorts.

Thanks

Divide, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
14,113 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon Trip

we don't know your concept of economical . give us a number in USD per night . also what do you mean by there is nothing for more than 3 days ? I go for 3 weeks plus whenever I can. min 2 weeks

suffolk
Level Contributor
3,640 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymoon Trip

gurpreets welcome to the forum. First you need to decide where you actually want to go for your honeymoon in terms of country and for how long.

The Maldives CAN now be done on a small budget.....take a look at the FAQ's to the right here and in particular, "can I visit the Maldives on a limited budget".

John

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Honeymoon Trip

spammie and suffolk-john -- I have budget for 70 USD per night. Further i want to know whether Maldives is such a place where we can visit different tourist place or is it that we will have to live in the resorts only.

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
63 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Honeymoon Trip

Hi gurpreets, Unfortunately with 70 USD per night, in maldives it is difficult to get a meal for two of one time. As far as sight-seeing is concerned you can go for snorkelling, island visit (that would cost bomb), diving, dolphine/sunset/sunrise cruise.

Northern Ireland...
Level Contributor
9,124 posts
286 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Honeymoon Trip

Resorts only. $70 a night is impossible

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Honeymoon Trip

Hello all,

I could search following option:

tripadvisor.in/Hotel_Review-g298332-d575857-…

The same is costing 80USD (Approx)

please let me know how is it and how much extra cost i will be incurring.

Lincolnshire...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
7,887 posts
265 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Honeymoon Trip

I wouldn't have believed you could get a resort room for 80USD per night. You will need to pay for your transfer to /from the resort.....that will be a boat transfer and you will need to check the cost charged by the resort. Then you will need to check the food and drink prices (plus taxes) as I guess your cheap price must be room only or room with breakfast.

Edited: 06 February 2014, 21:06
New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Honeymoon Trip

Lynphd-- You are right they are charging very high for the transfer from airport to resort which is more than my airfare.

Can i get good room with breakfast option ( considering it honeymoon) so as to enjoy.

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
63 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Honeymoon Trip

I think best options for you would be going to 'Andaman or Nicobar islands'. They've equally good beaches and it'll be much much cheaper than the cheapest maldives resort.. Also they're part of india only so it could save some flight tickets also for you.

10. Re: Honeymoon Trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 February 2015, 06:21