We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

25/April - 07/May - Hanifaru or South Ari to see whale shark

Curitiba, PR
Level Contributor
3 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
25/April - 07/May - Hanifaru or South Ari to see whale shark

Hi there,

I'm gonna spend 2 weeks at Maldives and my purpose is to see the whale sharks and also enjoy a little bit of luxury in one of nice resorts.

So far I managed to get a great deal at the Medhufushi Resort, however I'm not sure is a good location to dive with Whale sharks, so we are also planning on staying at a cheap place at South Ari. Any recommendations? There's Holiday Island and also the Eco Village at Fenfushi. Is the period good to see it at Baa Atoll (Hanifaru) or South Ari?

Thanks.

Divide, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
14,443 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 25/April - 07/May - Hanifaru or South Ari to see whale shark

you do know that you can no longer dive but only snorkel at hanifaru ?

Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
1 post
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 25/April - 07/May - Hanifaru or South Ari to see whale shark

Hi There! We have spent two weeks in January 2014 in South Ari Atoll. Please read my review on Eco Village Fenfushi here ( http://www.booking.com/hotel/mv/fenfushi-inn.hu.html?sid=fa026c04e9cd8b35b2bc9f8ecc91e7a2;dcid=1#tab-reviews). I would never ever go back there. There is a nice guesthouse on Dhigurah (TME Retreats Ddigurah) with value for money services and extremely friendly staff. On the island there is also a dive base wit really nice local staff. They offer snorkeling and diving with whalesharks. We did the snorkeling, it was great. The other day we wisited manta rays also snorkeling. We also did some dives which were very nice. Hope you find my comments useful. Best Regards! István

suffolk
Level Contributor
3,677 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 25/April - 07/May - Hanifaru or South Ari to see whale shark

You are extremely unlikely to see whale sharks in Baa Atoll in April/May.

Head south.

John

4. Re: 25/April - 07/May - Hanifaru or South Ari to see whale shark

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 March 2015, 06:17