We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chaaya Island Dhonveli

Horley, United...
Level Contributor
130 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Chaaya Island Dhonveli

We are looking at booking at this hotel in North Male Atoll, does anyone know if older people stay there as we are both in our 60s and dont want to be the only oldies there. Thank you

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
8,732 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Chaaya Island Dhonveli

Hi

The Maldives is a destination for all ages ,there is a nice mix of people . I think you will be fine ;-)

Enjoy

Darryl

Divide, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
14,484 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Chaaya Island Dhonveli

chaaya dhonveli might be a bit younger than average as a surfer island. unless you surf yourself , perhaps somewhere without that particular attraction might be a more to your liking ? either way , you cant go very wrong . do keep in mind that dhonveli has no housereef for snorkeling, if you intended to enjoy the marine life

Swanwick, United...
Level Contributor
4,409 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Chaaya Island Dhonveli

Also take a look at Chaaya Reef Ellaidhoo it offers about the same, but has a house reef and is in the same price range. The two times we have been there has been a mixture of honeymooners, singles, family groups and older couples. My snorkel buddy that I teamed up with out there was in his 70's.

It is not the prettiest island, but offers good value.

Manchester
Level Contributor
550 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Chaaya Island Dhonveli

We are in our 60s and went three times.

We travelled in January so only came across 2 surfers, one being part of the dive centre, maybe depends on which month you go.

Divide, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
14,484 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Chaaya Island Dhonveli

sxi 1 .. you are right. i believe the surfers come in the summer months when the surf is highest.

I agree with turquoises suggestion .. if the OP is really looking to book a chaaya island in particular , ellaidhoo seems a much better option . dhonveli is not a pretty island either and ellaidhoo has a good reef to offer

Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Chaaya Island Dhonveli

We have been to this Island three times, we are both in our sixties and found a mix of all ages from honeymooners to plenty of people our age, we would recommend this Island to anyone, enjoy.

7. Re: Chaaya Island Dhonveli

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 March 2015, 06:17