We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Filitheyo Island, Vakarufalhi or Veligandu Maldives

Worthing, United...
Level Contributor
25 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Filitheyo Island, Vakarufalhi or Veligandu Maldives

With such a confusing array of islands I have (with difficulty) identified these three.

Going in September. Needs to be good for diving and the top-side wife. Veligandu is a little cheaper so if they are samey would go for their.

Any input appreciated.

Roger

lancashire
Level Contributor
756 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Filitheyo Island, Vakarufalhi or Veligandu Maldives

Don't dive , never been before , took weeks to decide , with help from here finally decided on Veligandu, wanted a water villa ,,, roll on next March , no help really .

Longmont, Colorado
Level Contributor
194 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Filitheyo Island, Vakarufalhi or Veligandu Maldives

Was in FIlitheyo Island this April (2006) for my honeymoon. It was perfect. The dive center there is great. Dives are really good. And in the island the food just is too good to be true. Name a cuisine u will have atleast one dish in the buffet. The deserts were a meal by themselves. If u have more specific questions about this resort, like the dive center style, beach etc I will be more than glad to help.

Toplife activities are limited. In the 6 days we were there, They organized a Table tennis tournament one evening, a music thing another evening and maybe other things. I don't remember. Also, they have trips to a local island and to an UNinhabited island, Hamzaa. We did the latter and had a wonderful time. It was 50 bucks I think, and they load u up with food and leave u in the island for a whole morning or afternoon.

But usually if u r diving, there is 1 dive at 9.00 AM and one dive at 2PM. SO there's just time to relax afer this. They also organize night dives on demand. So it was a dive filled but relaxing holiday.

I should say that Vakarufalhi was in serious consideration before I decided on Filitheyo just because I knew the food was great.

Worthing, United...
Level Contributor
25 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Filitheyo Island, Vakarufalhi or Veligandu Maldives

I think I will do to Veligandu though I now note that Fili has got cheaper for my dayes!

4. Re: Filitheyo Island, Vakarufalhi or Veligandu Maldives

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 August 2009, 08:17