We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kanifushi, Park Hyatt, The Residence.

Loughborough...
Level Contributor
1,026 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Kanifushi, Park Hyatt, The Residence.

The day has finally come.

http://maldivesaddict97.tumblr.com

Edited: 19 February 2014, 07:48
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,703 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
121. Re: Kanifushi, Park Hyatt, The Residence.

Hi MA

Cant wait for your review...How did you think the food and accommodation compared at Residence v Park Hyatt?

Thanks for your great photos

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
575 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
122. Re: Kanifushi, Park Hyatt, The Residence.

Hi Ma, thanks for your first hand comment and photos sharing.

Noted you stay in both beach villa and water villa in Residence, which one you prefer?

I concern about the beach quality too, some of the beach villa seem quite exposed on a common beach area, do you feel any privacy issue?

Thank you very much.

Loughborough...
Level Contributor
1,026 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
123. Re: Kanifushi, Park Hyatt, The Residence.

Hi jp,

The sand is lovely and deep/soft near the pool/restaurant and up towards the speciality restaurant but else where there is a bit of coral and its not so deep but the guys are working al day long clearing it as the high tide brings it in.

We did see two sand pump machines but never heard them or seen them pumping sand while we was there.

You can walk all the way round the island though witch is nice.

AussieAnge,

The food in the speciality restaurant was fantastic and as good as PHH but after 2 weeks of eating rich food we was glad of a buffet now and then on the residence and we thought that was very good too.

I cant fault the chefs as every morning they came to me and asked what they could do for me for that evening (all four of them) as i'm a veggie, they cooked me a special meal every night.

They are so accomodating that they will cook anything you want.

Hi Frequent T,

We prefered the pool water villa as it was right in front of the reef, the beach villas face the breaking water's

and are all open to views (we love that), the water villas are a little more private i think but you most certainly need a pool as it get very hot on the decking and its a long way down them steps to get to the water to cool off.

Northern Ireland...
Level Contributor
9,124 posts
286 reviews
Save Reply
124. Re: Kanifushi, Park Hyatt, The Residence.

i see ur review of Kanifushi (and PHH) has been published with pics. Golly - that beach can be wide in places cant it. So the beach is concrete with sand on top? Pic 4 looked a bit spartan with the odd tree poking up. That line of villas with no cover reminded me of some pics of the new villas at Kandolhu - quite closely packed. Definately a need for a bit more vegetation methinks. Sounds a world of difference between the management at PHH (including at the cocktail parties ) and the management at Kanifushi.

Madrid, Spain
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
4,067 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
125. Re: Kanifushi, Park Hyatt, The Residence.

MA, i hand' tell you anything about the Residence. It's great that you liked it so much...

126. Re: Kanifushi, Park Hyatt, The Residence.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 April 2015, 05:15