We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kanifushi, Park Hyatt, The Residence.

Loughborough...
Level Contributor
1,026 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Kanifushi, Park Hyatt, The Residence.

The day has finally come.

http://maldivesaddict97.tumblr.com

Edited: 19 February 2014, 07:48
Northern Ireland...
Level Contributor
9,124 posts
286 reviews
Save Reply
61. Re: Kanifushi, Park Hyatt, The Residence.

totally blocked lyn - was spread across our two beach loungers sipping a Martini, eating the nuts if you please..... it was 8ft....... 12 with the tail

Loughborough...
Level Contributor
1,026 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
62. Re: Kanifushi, Park Hyatt, The Residence.

Paul I'm a bit scared too but got to do it!, the dive centre chap asked if we have night snorkelled before and he said yes on Athuruga, his reply was well that's not this island, be prepared your in for a real surprise.

It's costs 80$ each for 1 hour. We are doing the reef explorer trip today so looking forward to that.

Paul you are right about the room numbers and sand shifting, we asked the staff yesterday.

Wasso we spoke to Arunabh Dutta Roy last night and he said if you PM us your full name and date of arrival with requests, he will personally sort your request out for you. Or you can email him yourself on Arunabh.duttaroy@hyatt.com, he said let him know the sooner the better so he can sort it for you.

You are going to love it here! Out of all the islands we have been to this is our best.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
277 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
63. Re: Kanifushi, Park Hyatt, The Residence.

Hi MA,

So glad to read your live report from Park Hyatt! We are very excited to be returning in June.

Just out of curiosity, how many islands have you now been to? I understand it might be very difficult to top Park Hyatt, but we are looking at some other options for 2015.

Have you been to Mirihi? We are interested in checking it out after the renovation to see if compares to Park Hyatt.

Loughborough...
Level Contributor
1,026 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
64. Re: Kanifushi, Park Hyatt, The Residence.

Hi IslandExpLOrer,

We have been to 16 islands but been to park Hyatt and Robinson club twice, yes we have been to mirihi and is a beautiful island but IMHO park Hyatt tops it!.

Mirihi rooms was a little bit small with a small deck but after the refurb this might be different and the decks will of improved, but it is still high on our favourite islands.

MA.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
80 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
65. Re: Kanifushi, Park Hyatt, The Residence.

Hi MA,

Looks like we are the Park Hyatt at the same time! We have been enjoying Villa 51 for the past couple of nights and have loved it. If you are staying in a Water Villa, it is definitely the one to get as it is the most private and also very close to the drop off which makes for great snorkelling. The only (slight) downside is that it is also the furthest from the island but the extra exercise is definitely needed after all that lovely food!

Colcha

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
277 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
66. Re: Kanifushi, Park Hyatt, The Residence.

Thank you MA! That is good to hear.It would seem Park Hyatt is the favorite of many Maldives veterans on this forum for good reason. Besides the reef, I think the natural and unspoiled beauty of the island is quite special even among other top islands I've researched.

Loughborough...
Level Contributor
1,026 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
67. Re: Kanifushi, Park Hyatt, The Residence.

Hi colcha,

We viewed your villa 2hours before you got here! Lol, you definitely have the best number water villa and when we return that's the one I would like! ;), we are in a pool beach villa as hubby prefers the beach but next time I will win!! Lol.

That's what I miss about not being in a water villa the fact that you have a lovely walk back to your room after eating all that yummy food! And also being close to the reef. ENJOY.

MA.

Loughborough...
Level Contributor
1,026 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
68. Re: Kanifushi, Park Hyatt, The Residence.

Wasso,

Taken some pics for you of both sides so you can see the difference from now and when you come!, I'll post them later for you on the blog. P.S they have been taken at low tide.

MA.

Edited: 03 March 2014, 05:23
Northern Ireland...
Level Contributor
9,124 posts
286 reviews
Save Reply
69. Re: Kanifushi, Park Hyatt, The Residence.

Ok, well i might have to do that night snorkel. The sunset snorkel was pretty good too

Loughborough...
Level Contributor
1,026 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
70. Re: Kanifushi, Park Hyatt, The Residence.

WOW done the night snorkel and was AMAZING! Seen so many fish sleeping and a huge grouper and nurse shark! Also seen huge lobsters under a tabletop, the chap that took us was brilliant I think his name was ( Ashfob), seen lots of my favourite sleepy puffer fish!, it's a must do Paul! Don't hesitate it's the best reef to do it on!, would love to do it again.

MA.