We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Securing booking for day trips from Vila and overbooking que

Bucharest, Romania
Destination Expert
for Seychelles
Level Contributor
5,780 posts
220 reviews
Save Topic
Securing booking for day trips from Vila and overbooking que

Dear all,

We will be in June on Vilamendhoo and I want to know what is the best way to secure a booking for 2 for the daytrips. We will arrive on Sunday and I am afraid that is too late for us to book The Monday Ocean Discovery Tour that is scheduled for the next day. Is it ok to write them an e-mail 2 weeks before our arrival and ask them to reserve us 2 seats for The Ocean Discovery Tour?

Regarding overbooking I have read a lot of reviews related, but I still do not know what will happen if there is no villa available for us. What are the options and what is the compensation consisting of?

Thanks!

Miki

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
8,185 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Securing booking for day trips from Vila and overbooking que

Hi

You should be ok to reserve your day trip via vilamendhoo reservations but to be honest you will probably be able to book when you get there .

Over booking at Vila has been a problem for years ,you will get your accommodation as long as you stand your ground that's if there is overbooking !! Other than that they might try to get you to give up your room for 3 days by offering you a cruise but this is voluntary and if you do decide to take it its apparently excellent .

Don't worry too much about over booking it probably won't effect you .

Enjoy

Darryl

Edited: 19 February 2014, 13:50
London, United...
Level Contributor
4,173 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Securing booking for day trips from Vila and overbooking que

As Darryl says, you probably won't be affected by overbooking, but the worry of whether it will happen or not can spoil the anticipation of a holiday, I know. What we have done in the past, with great effect, is to email the island a couple of weeks before we go, stating that we understand that there is sometimes an overbooking problem, and would they please confirm, in writing, that we would get the room type we have booked. We then take their reply email (which has always assured us that we will get what we have booked and will not be bumped) with us, just in case there is a problem. Has worked a treat, and takes away that gnawing anxiety. Hope that helps.

SL

Cumbria, United...
Level Contributor
210 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Securing booking for day trips from Vila and overbooking que

There are maximum numbers for each trip (also a minimum number for trips to actual go ahead) you should be OK with the trip you mention to put your name down when you arrive, but nothing lost with a quick email to reservations@vilamendhooisland.com. Certainly I would be doing the latter for the whale shark & manta trips as these are extremely popular and have maximum numbers quickly in advance.

Although June should be one of the quieter months in respect to arriving guests, Vilamendhoo is a very popular island hence some overbooking is still prevalent. The vast majority get the villa they booked upon arrival, some maybe downgraded, some even upgraded but in respect to arriving guest the percentage will be very small if at all in June. Jacuzzi beach villas seem to be the most overbooked accommodation but any downgrade will be compensated by the difference in the monetary value between booked villa and allocated downgrade. Additionally vouchers for some of the a la carte restaurants, spa, wine & fruit as well as the option of the cruise may be forthcoming.

As mentioned the majority do not have a problem when checking in and must stress you do not need to feel pressurised if the above scenario happens and politely refuse. Please do not worry beforehand and just enjoy the build up to what will be a great holiday on Vila..a nice all round resort.

4. Re: Securing booking for day trips from Vila and overbooking que

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 February 2015, 05:21