We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Extended family trip, oct 2014 (reposting with correction)

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
63 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Extended family trip, oct 2014 (reposting with correction)

Hi,

All the contributors and destination experts had been a great help for newbies like me, can't thank you all enough for helping me decide my 2nd trip to maldives at constance moofushi in may with my wife. Now, i'm planning one more trip, with my extended family in october this year.

Total people - 16, all adults.

Rooms - 8 rooms or if 2 or 1 bedroom villas can be incorporated than accordingly (not more than 2 person in a room in any case). No Water Villas.

Budget - 12000 GBP for 5 nights, including transfers and at least full board.

My preferences in DESCENDING ORDER

1) Very good food with some asian options

2) Finest beach.

3) Fish life / House reef.

Only two of us have visited maldives previously so rest of the people are going to find any resort stunning.

Query - Only 4 of us drink, is it possible to book 2 rooms in all inclusive and rest in full board in single booking?

Don't want to take a chance with resorts which can overbook.

Thanks in advance,

Bhavesh.

Divide, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
14,039 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Extended family trip, oct 2014 (reposting with correction)

your budget is 19973 USD .. minus transfers , divided by 8 rooms and 5 nights , you are have between 420 and 450 $ per room - just to save everyone else the converting and the math.

have a look at kuramathi

Northern Ireland...
Level Contributor
9,124 posts
286 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Extended family trip, oct 2014 (reposting with correction)

individual rooms can be booked in any board category in any size grouping (not individuals within rooms on different categories though.)

3. Re: Extended family trip, oct 2014 (reposting with correction)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 27 February 2014, 14:13
Northern Ireland...
Level Contributor
9,124 posts
286 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Extended family trip, oct 2014 (reposting with correction)

kuramathi looks a good idea

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
63 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Extended family trip, oct 2014 (reposting with correction)

Thanks spammie and paul. I'll look into kuramathi, meanwhile i looked few resorts based on some TA reviews and which are not super luxary, You think anyone can come close to the budget?

Filitheyo

Angaga

Reethi Beach

Rihiveli.

If budget can be managed which one would suit better in my requirements?

Kent, England
Level Contributor
4,471 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Extended family trip, oct 2014 (reposting with correction)

I think Reethi would be the best for food options as it has two a la carte options in addition to the buffet, it also has a great beach most of the time (Depending on tides). The reef is not fantastic for coral but there are lots of fish to see.

Angaga food is often reported as being repetitive although it looks stunning.

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
63 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Extended family trip, oct 2014 (reposting with correction)

thanks jody. Will ask for the quote for both and compare. any idea, is dhiggir closed? last review is there of dhiggiri on TA is of 2013 april or something.. also haven't seen any uk based travel websites listing this resot.. have also asked for safari island.. it looks stunning in pictures not sure about price range though.

8. Re: Extended family trip, oct 2014 (reposting with correction)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 March 2015, 05:20