We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which all inclusives also include watersports?

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
1,646 posts
245 reviews
Save Topic
Which all inclusives also include watersports?

I know the Diamond resorts have watersports tied into their AI packages. Do any other AI's have watersports without an extra charge?

Divide, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
14,114 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which all inclusives also include watersports?

define "watersports". I am dead serious ... do you mean snorkeling which is obviously free where there is a reef or do you mean scuba diving ? do you expect jet skis ? be more ... much more ...specific

you keep tossing out very random new threads and get touchy about answers you receive - which helps nobody .

I am asking you once more as I have before ... what are you looking for ? priorities ? preferences? expectations? budget ?

Edited: 12 March 2014, 20:25
Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
1,646 posts
245 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which all inclusives also include watersports?

"Keep tossing out"? Three threads...all unrelated, and I certainly wasn't getting the answers I needed.

I didn't realize it is the TA law to post all your questions on the same thread.

I spoke within someone friendly and helpful today on the phone that answered my questions. Thanks in the meantime for your attitude and turning me off the Maldives forum...

Edited: 13 March 2014, 20:04
Divide, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
14,114 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which all inclusives also include watersports?

SEGMN ... you were not getting the answers you needed because you didn't give us enough info to answer them. incidentally ... you still haven't .

you kept tossing out three completely random notions we couldn't answer ... that's what made them random and impossible to give you the requested info . by all means , open dozens of threads .. but if you want to scold us for not being helpful , you will have to phrase questions in a way they can be addressed - rather than getting indignant over follow up questions .

kinda like ... if I ask you what the weekend weather at grandma's house will be and get mad when you don't know ... while refusing to tell you where granny lives .

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which all inclusives also include watersports?

Ehrm,,,again spammie is correct, your question is too wide,,,water sports encompasses a lot of different things, and some, none or all can be inc in different packages, it's very hard to answer a question like this without more detail. I'm sorry,

It's like asking,,," where should I fly to for my holidays" hard to answer without further info. I'm also not quite sure why you are so touchy. Seriously.,chill. Just provide the info and people will help you. There is no bad feeling here and people are wanting to help.

Edited: 13 March 2014, 20:38
Lincolnshire...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
7,893 posts
265 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which all inclusives also include watersports?

I'm with Spammie on this....there's over 100 resorts, many offering AI packages....we can't reel off all the ones which offer some kind of a water sport for free. And surely you won't pick a resort simply based on whether they offer free water sports? There's more to choosing the right island than that. If they don't offer free water sports will you cross them off your list?.....that's like crossing a brilliant island off just because wifi isn't included in the upfront price.....it's still available but you just have to budget a few bucks extra to sign to your room bill and pay it as part if your final bill....it's the same with any water sports you feel are must-haves but chargeable. You need to pick an island and then research the package options, inclusions/exclusions and additional prices.

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which all inclusives also include watersports?

Ehrm,,,,are you not going to tell us which water sports you are interested in?

This is all a bit strange.

London
Level Contributor
1,788 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Which all inclusives also include watersports?

SEGMN - A good rule of thumb is that if it requires petrol, then it is charged for. There are exceptions (some AI resorts charge for some non-petrol hires and some AI resort provide some petrol-powered activities for free), but by and large it is a good guide. Check resort websites for details on specific activities at specific resorts.

Bruce

www.maldivescomplete.com

Northern Ireland...
Level Contributor
9,124 posts
286 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Which all inclusives also include watersports?

we only ever go AI in the Maldives. As has been said, if its motorised, you will normally have to pay. Thats leaves non-motorised. It varies considerably island by island. Some islands have 2 kayaks and thats it. Others have hobie cats, windsurf boards, kayaks, various small craft, pedalloes etc etc. Some charge for some things, others charge for everything (except kayaks) others let you take anything out. As a general rule, larger islands have a larger selections of stuff to take out. Its not like say many Caribbean resorts where the AI includes diving and water ski-ing.

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Which all inclusives also include watersports?

As rule of thumbs go, it's a good one, but I have to say the variety is huge,,,some resorts inc kayaks or snorkelling equipment in ai, others don't and it's an additional charge.

I understand though that only a general answer can be given to such a general question, but fail to see the benefit to the op, a simple answer of what watersports would help narrow it down and point in the right direction.

10. Re: Which all inclusives also include watersports?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 March 2015, 04:24