We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

maldives in dec'14

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
15 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
maldives in dec'14

dear all

i am planning a vacation with my wife in Dec'14 to maldives for around 5-10 days.

need the following suggestions from u all

1. should maldives be clubbed with another destination...like sri lanka or shld it be a sole vacation?

2. any differences in airline tarrifs if goin direct to maldives or a hoping flight? (im travelling from mumbai)

3. any suggestions on itinerary and recommended resorts...since am going on my anniversary?....dnt wanna splurge but dnt wanna compromise either (like a typical tourist)

4. ideal time to do the bookings...flights, hotels etc for best deals since i have time on hand.

5. any other suggestions...

regards

Dr. Ram Tainwala

mumbai

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
63 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: maldives in dec'14

1) No, Maldives shouldn't be clubbed with any other destination assuming your trip would be max 10 days.

2) Spicejet has started Mumbai to Maldives (stopover either at cochi or columbo), no direct flight to maldives as yet. Spicejet best option for mumbai based travellers according to me.

3) December is a high season, you need to mention your budget (excluding your air travel cost), board basis and your preferences snorkelling/diving/food/lagoon then only some of TA regulars will be able to guide you.

4) ideal booking time - ASAP.

5) Suggestions - please go through FAQ of maldives tripadvisor once will give you much better idea in terms of what you're looking for. FAQ - tripadvisor.in/Travel-g293953-s1/…Inside.html

Bhavesh.

Norway
Level Contributor
819 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: maldives in dec'14

December is high season, so you are already late with your booking as islands fill up very quickly at this time.

The first thing I would do is to contact a good travel agent and see which resorts are available for your dates. Then you can come back here and we'll give you feedback on the different islands you have to choose from. There is no point in recommending islands to you if they are fully booked. Purely Maldives is a widely recommended agent here on the forum. Good luck :-)

Sofia, Bulgaria
Level Contributor
27 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: maldives in dec'14

HI,

i can`t agree with Irene...

1. some resorts define low season until 20.12.2014!

2. i am sure that every resort in Maldives have available rooms for December

Better contact local agent to help you.

Regards,

Alex

Edited: 17 March 2014, 11:59
Divide, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
14,039 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: maldives in dec'14

wrong , alex . many of the most desirable islands fill up a year in advance and more . I typically book 18 mos ahead for mirihi and find myself having to be flexible on dates even then .

also ... kill the "local agent" concept please . Indian travel agents know exactly 3 places in the Maldives . paradise island , kurumba and more paradise island . purely Maldives , simply Maldives , etc are a much better option for the op

Fiji
Level Contributor
489 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: maldives in dec'14

Hi Spammie,

Sorry but have to disagree. We get very little Indian business though Indian agents.

Sunny regards.

Jason

Kurumba Maldives

London, United...
Level Contributor
691 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: maldives in dec'14

While I do advocate early booking to ensure you get what you want, I've never had an issue with occupancy at popular resorts even booking only a few months in advance. In recent years, occupancy has really dropped at most resorts. Even Mirihi is showing vacancy all throughout the rest of March and April with not a single day fully booked in between, which is quite impressive given how last minute and busy these dates are and the popularity of the resort.

Edited: 18 March 2014, 03:32
7. Re: maldives in dec'14

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 March 2015, 04:20