We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

which resort?

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
193 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
which resort?

Hello,

for a few days of resting I'm looking for the right kind of resort.

- no disco, loud entertainment or other regular noise

- I'd prefer a resort with some space. Not an island that is completely build up and extends with masses of water villas into the water in all directions. I'd like to have just a bit of green without houses around if possible and a beach that looks like a beach

- good-quality local/asian food

- not sure about AI, would depend on general prices of eating and drinks compared to it.

- good place to snorkel

Budget: not quite sure. I could book a package deal with qatar airways from 2600 Euro, but it's only 4 nights and the resort islands are tiny and look very build-up.

So, any suggestions?

Lincolnshire...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
7,966 posts
274 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: which resort?

Welcome to the forum.

Kuramathi is a large island, which you may want to look at. It has several restaurants and bars, a house reef on one side and a sand bank at the end.

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
193 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: which resort?

Thanks, I'll have a look at it later. I'm assuming the reef-side is in the south? The water there also looks very crowded with water villas and wave breakers. But maybe that's just something I need to accept? What about the hotel itself?

Northern Ireland...
Level Contributor
9,124 posts
286 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: which resort?

The reef is on the same side as the JWVs running down inme side if the island and z small amount of reef at the foot of the island

As maldives islands go, kuramathi, for its size has a relatively small number of WVS. Some islands ten times smaller have more WVs. The water is not crowded at all. It's a very pretty , lush island with one if the best dining options in the Maldives, a pretty good reef, an amazing sandbank and more sharks and rays than all the other islands I have been to put together

Divide, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
14,178 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: which resort?

ihuru or makunudu

5. Re: which resort?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 March 2015, 08:19