We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

park hyatt over water villa or pool villa?

Westchester, NY
Level Contributor
10 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
park hyatt over water villa or pool villa?

Booking for Feb 2015 and can't decide whether to splurge on the over water villa or stick with the pool villa's. Many reviews that I read say the pool villas are fabulous. Are the over water villas worth the price difference? Thanks so much for your thoughts.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
277 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: park hyatt over water villa or pool villa?

I stayed in the regular beach villa and the water villa last year, and I'm booked for the pool villa this summer. In my opinion, they both have their advantages. Benefits of the water villa include direct access to the house reef and better views from the deck. If you do upgrade to the water villa, I definitely recommend one near the end of the jetty for maximum privacy and closer access to the reef.

Madrid, Spain
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
4,072 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: park hyatt over water villa or pool villa?

I would go for the pool Villa, they are more prívate without doubt and the pool is a great extra...

Northern Ireland...
Level Contributor
9,124 posts
286 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: park hyatt over water villa or pool villa?

depending how long you are going for, maybe have a couple of nights in a WV for the experience with the majority in a pool villa. Personally i would opt for the pool villa, but having done the WV thing, i would now only ever go for a BV. Swings and roundabouts really but the extra expense of a WV always puts me off nowadays. I didnt think the WVs at PHH were very private as the sundeck is on the side, not cocooned at the rear.

London, United...
Level Contributor
691 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: park hyatt over water villa or pool villa?

I agree with the posts above. While I enjoyed the water villa, I'd probably just stick with the pool villa when I return as the reef is easily accessible from shore. Park Hyatt has a very beautiful and quiet beach, so you'll still have amazing views just a few steps away.

Westchester, NY
Level Contributor
10 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: park hyatt over water villa or pool villa?

We are here now and just stayed 4 nights in the water villa, unit 47. It was fabulous, the reef is literally surrounding you on all sides. But per all your comments, the deck is not very private and can be seen by anyone going to a villa farther away. I have to say I'm glad i got to stay in one. Now we are in the Pool villas. My first unit was 15. There was no view of the water at all. It was pretty private though you could see your neighbors. I was not happy with this unit and was able to move after one night to #25, ahhhhhh. This unit was awesome! For me, I wanted to wake up and see the water and beach. This unit was a far forward one so was really spectacular. The reef surrounds the whole island so it is a short snorkle from any unit to it. After the 4 days in the WV we were ready for some sand under our feet and this was a great way to mix it up. I would highly recommend both, but be aware that many of the Pool Villas have no water view at all.

6. Re: park hyatt over water villa or pool villa?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 February 2016, 07:16