We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Conrad questions

Hobart, Australia
2 posts
Save Topic
Conrad questions

Visiting for the first time in early Oct with a friend.... I was looking at pictures of King Beach Villas and was wondering if there is privacy from the bathroom as I notice they are glass and look straight through to bedroom?

Is the under water restaurant worth the expense?

Also is it possible to buy some wine duty free to enjoy in your room?

We will be arriving 30 September and was wondering on weather this time if year?

Madrid, Spain
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
4,074 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Conrad questions

Weather: the same as in other "what's the weather like in september?" threads: who knows...

Beach villas: privacy bathroom-bedroom is perfect. The Villa is big and very nice, but there are privacy issue a with your neighbours as they are in blocks: you van hear your neighbour's phone from the room and if both of you are in the porche, you can also hear them, no matter if your are inside or outside.

Under water restaurant: food at Conrad is very good. I didn't go to the under water restaurant as it isn't that interesting for me and I am not going to pay 1000$ for a simple dinner, prefer to go to the spa several times with that money... If you have never gone to the Maldives it is an interesting experience, for sure, but food was more than good enough without paying that much.

Cocktails at the Rangali bar were very good and reasonably priced... i would recommend you to enjoy it, as you can't introduce alcohol in the country...

Edited: 24 March 2014, 09:00
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,938 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Conrad questions

Hi Glenda, you cannot take any alcohol into Maldives. Sept is monsoon season so expect a mix of weather. Cant help with the rooms we are going to Conrad for the first time early september. However I have checked and you can't see the sea from the beach villas. Also I believe the standard ones are in groups of two so semi detached. We have chosen a water villa.

Edited: 24 March 2014, 09:06
London, United...
Level Contributor
691 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Conrad questions

As Maria says, there are some privacy and noise issues in the standard beach villas. They are in blocks of about 6 rooms rather than standalone villas and also seem to be the choice of accommodation for families (a lot of them have connecting doors).

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
2,245 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Conrad questions

we have stayed in the King Beach villa - and you will NOT have any privacy when showering - The hotel is geared for couples or families that is not afraid to see each other naked.

The toilet has a door, but it is not soundproof and is really close to the bed.

The villas are amazing - they are not detached, and that gives it a bit less villa feel - I would consider going for a basic Water villa - The bathrooms are more private and it is just so amazing to lounge in the plunge pool with a drink. Just be aware that the house reef is in the island by the beach villas.

We passed on the underwater restaurant - we dived and did not want to use good money to see fish through a window when we could be in the water with them.

for pool life go to the quit zone on the water villa Island - the mail pool is more like a 3-4 star area where as the pool on the small island is so amazing. Furthermore the breakfast at the small island is table serving and a much better experience.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,659 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Conrad questions

Hi Glendab

I work at Conrad Maldives so I hope I can help with some of the questions:

King Beach Villas: privacy from the bathroom as I notice they are glass and look straight through to bedroom?

There are blinds on the glass between the bathroom and bedroom.

Is the under water restaurant worth the expense?

That's an entirely subjective question so I'm sorry, can't really help with that. Maybe take a look at the lunch and dinner menus and see they appeal? We've also got a 360-degree tour of the resort so you can take a look at it before you travel: www.ConradMaldives.com (go to the 'gallery' page, then click on the link to the 360-degree tour).

Also is it possible to buy some wine duty free to enjoy in your room?

Unfortunately not. As others have said, it's illegal to bring alcohol into the country and they'll x-ray all of your luggage. Any alcohol found is taken from you.

We will be arriving 30 September and was wondering on weather this time if year?

It's still the rainy season, so it may rain a lot, it may rain a little or it may not rain at all. There's no way of knowing.

Hobart, Australia
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Conrad questions

I'm glad I asked the question about alcohol!! Lol. That would if been embarrassing. Very excited. Thank you very much.

Madrid, Spain
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
4,074 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Conrad questions

Anyway you should check the customs rules, and you will see everything you need to know

8. Re: Conrad questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 March 2015, 05:16