We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Strange question..10 nights Vilamendhoo v 10 nights Morocco?

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
167 posts
Save Topic
Strange question..10 nights Vilamendhoo v 10 nights Morocco?

Visiting Maafushivaru 10 nights in June & normally have a second cheaper holiday in Sept. We are looking at Morocco -3 nights Marrakech, 3 nights Atlas Mountains & 4 nights Essaouira on the coast but out of interest I had a quick look & found incredibly cheap deal early Sept for 10 nights full board Garden villa on Vilamendhoo for only £500 more(& Morocco trip only includes breakfast). What Should I do:

A) get over my increasingly worrying & expensive obsession with the Maldives, broaden my cultural horizons & visit Morocco.

B)no where ever compares to the Maldives so ditch Morocco and have another trip to paradise.

Those going for option B-if any have experienced garden villa what are they like, how expensive are drinks and can you use adult only area if you are in garden villa?

Thanks in advance

London, United...
Level Contributor
496 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Strange question..10 nights Vilamendhoo v 10 nights Morocco?

We have only done all inclusive there so don't know about drink prices. The garden villas have been recently refurbished and seem nice enough. All adults can use the adult only section but you will be allocated a table in the larger restaurant.

Divide, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
14,443 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Strange question..10 nights Vilamendhoo v 10 nights Morocco?

been to several destinations in morocco and as a quick little vacation between the Maldives its fine . replacing the Maldives ? not in a million years! I suggest keeping your horizon blissfully un-broadened and focus on paradise :D

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
167 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Strange question..10 nights Vilamendhoo v 10 nights Morocco?

Ha- I'm liking your thinking Spammie. can't help feeling I'm being a bit excessive but deep down I'm pretty sure I would not have as good a time as I would in the Maldives.

Have you been to Vilamendoo?-gets great reviews, reef sounds good but larger than we have become used to.

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
8,651 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Strange question..10 nights Vilamendhoo v 10 nights Morocco?

Hi

Vilamendhoo has a fantastic reef and its just a few metres from the beach in shallow water :-)

Check out our review on Vilamendhoo .

Darryl

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
167 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Strange question..10 nights Vilamendhoo v 10 nights Morocco?

Cheers Darryl-a very comprehensive review and sounds great. Decisions, decisions.

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
8,651 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Strange question..10 nights Vilamendhoo v 10 nights Morocco?

There is no decision !!!! Vilamendhoo it is lol

Kent, England
Level Contributor
4,471 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Strange question..10 nights Vilamendhoo v 10 nights Morocco?

I used to think nothing would ever be as good as the Maldives....then we went to Kenya and although very different, just as enjoyable. This January we went to Thailand and again, amazing and well worth a deviation (although we are going in June).

I don't think I could ever give up the Maldives as an annual pleasure but I do like my other trips and variety is the spice of life! I'm sure most will say there is no such thing as too much of the Maldives but if you can do there AND somewhere else then why not? It's not like you've given up paradise then?

Divide, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
14,443 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Strange question..10 nights Vilamendhoo v 10 nights Morocco?

totally agree with that , jody . Maldives AND the rest of the planet is a total winner. however , when it comes to either - or ... I just couldn't do it.

Dickiejupp ... in the end , nobody can figure this out but you . you are talking about 2 very different experiences. only you would know if you would miss the Maldive experience. morocco is certainly worth a trip ... a short one. I honestly think after 10 nights of the same cheesy snake charmers and peddlers selling the same trinkets that their blind mother handpainted this very morning, I would take up drinking . I am good for about 4, 5 nights in morocco .. but you all know me as grumpy and intolerant :)

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Strange question..10 nights Vilamendhoo v 10 nights Morocco?

>> I honestly think after 10 nights of the same cheesy snake charmers and peddlers selling the same trinkets that their blind mother handpainted this very morning,<<

Spammie! Lol, I hope no Moroccans reading this,,,:-))

Ps, to the op, I would also pick Maldives from this multiple choice selection.

Divide, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
14,443 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Strange question..10 nights Vilamendhoo v 10 nights Morocco?

this isn't anti Moroccans .. its anti tourist traps in whatever country and of whatever ethnic affiliation ! :D

Edited: 03 April 2014, 21:12