We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Does Anantara Kihavah offer all inclusuve or full board plan

Singapore
Level Contributor
53 posts
71 reviews
Save Topic
Does Anantara Kihavah offer all inclusuve or full board plan

Does anyone know if Anantara Kihavah has all inclusive or full board? I read that the food is expensive.

Wonder if I should stick to Lily Beach with all inclusive or switch to Anantara Kihavah.

For those who have been to both, please advise. Thanks.

Madrid, Spain
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
4,067 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Does Anantara Kihavah offer all inclusuve or full board plan

AK doesn't offer AI, and it is a really luxury resort, while Lily beach is a step down.

I haven't been to Lily, where the reef is much better. AK is a very beautiful island with great villas, great beaches depending on the area and season and a beautiful lagoon at the water Villa area. I prefer AK to LB, where do you want to stay? At a water villas or at a beach Villa?

Edited: 05 April 2014, 11:28
London
Level Contributor
887 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Does Anantara Kihavah offer all inclusuve or full board plan

I have stayed at both and agree with Maria that AK overall will score higher than Lilybeach.

There actually wasn't anything wrong with LB. But like Maria mentioned AK was a step up from LilyBeach , albeit both are 5 stars but AK is actually a huge step up from majority 5 stars in Maldives, speaking of the amenities at the moment only Cheval Blanc Randheli or Velaa are slightly above AK and no other resorts can beat its amenities, restaurants, etc...( ok, maybe Dhevanafushi.) the other resorts can almost fit to the same league are Four Seasons Landaa, W, and One & Only ( according to the resort,where they place themselves, not my personal opinion.)

Re the AI, they did not have it at AK when we visited and FB wouldn't benefit you either, FB always restrict your dinning to only one restaurant, but in AK's case most of them if not all are very good.

The stunning underwater restaurant which definitely worth a visit - I have been to both lunch and dinner -- during lunch the light was better, easier to see fish but the food and ambiance was much nicer during dinner. ( it costs similar -- what I meant was the cost difference between a set lunch and set dinner wasn't more than USD 200) - I can't remember the price how but the resort will provide it to you, just email them if you are keen to book. The reservation at AK is very quite and professional. ( so did LB though.)

I think the snorkeling and corals have recovered a lot since AK's opening ( 3 years ago.) There are very healthy corals at AK too although corals are quite bleached if you follow the most suggested snorkeling route. A lot of fish at AK too, which really surprised me.

Both the choice are nice, but I would say if its under budget AK's amenities and Food esp their bread( confirmed by French guests) and Salt, Sea ( restaurants) are better than LB. Spas are nice at both.

Edited: 05 April 2014, 12:06
Singapore
Level Contributor
53 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Does Anantara Kihavah offer all inclusuve or full board plan

I will be staying in a water villa.

Singapore
Level Contributor
53 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Does Anantara Kihavah offer all inclusuve or full board plan

Wow thank you for the very detailed advice. Really appreciate it! Will update when I hv finalised my choice.

London
Level Contributor
887 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Does Anantara Kihavah offer all inclusuve or full board plan

Oh, forgot to mention I didn't stay at the beach villa at AK, I have stayed at the water villa at both - with the glass floor at LB at reception area and the bath and in front of the loo at AK were nice... Both has very nice bath rooms, but I still prefer the bath room at AK...:)) in short amenities are better at AK than most resorts in Maldives.

If budget is not a concern then pick AK.

Hampshire
Level Contributor
2,438 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Does Anantara Kihavah offer all inclusuve or full board plan

Hi

As per the advice above - AK does not offer All Inclusive, only B&B, HB or FB.

Choosing HB or FB does not however entirely restrict you to just 1 restaurant for your evening meal. You can also take a credit of $105 per person per night into Plates; Manzaru; Sea,Fire,Salt, Sky or Dining by Design.

I found the dining on AK to be of an exceptionally high standard and it is currently in my top 5 favourite islands.

Have a great trip.

Richard from PurelyMaldives

London
Level Contributor
887 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Does Anantara Kihavah offer all inclusuve or full board plan

I agree with Richard that the restaurants at AK are very good, either the amenities or the bread/ Thai food.

Out of curious, it sounds a different upgrade package since I last visit and how much to upgrade to HB from B&B, will it be 105 USD or under to upgrade pp per night, GST and services charge inclusive? Otherwise I personally don't see the point of upgrading to HB then deduct only USD 105 credit per head.

It might be just me who like to dine on my water villa deck and order room service any time I fancy on my enjoying the gorgeous lagoon view at AK. - just another choice for the OP because the room service was really good and proper( bread very fresh) at AK too, apart from those nice restaurants.

Edited: 05 April 2014, 16:14
Singapore
Level Contributor
53 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Does Anantara Kihavah offer all inclusuve or full board plan

Thanks Richard! I am being directed to Agoda when I check for price and availability. It seems that Agoda doesnt allow any upgrade to hb or fb. Will check out the hotel website now. Thanks!

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
575 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Does Anantara Kihavah offer all inclusuve or full board plan

Sologirl, You are not the only one who like to dine on the water villa deck, me too!

Most of the resorts' HB restrict in villa dinning, but it is one of the most relaxing and romantic dining experience in Maldives, agree with you that there is no point for paying USD105 to upgrade to HB and just get a credit in other restaurants.

10. Re: Does Anantara Kihavah offer all inclusuve or full board plan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 April 2015, 06:17