We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

choice of two resorts - confusion

mumbai
Level Contributor
68 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
choice of two resorts - confusion

Dear Experts for maldives

we are four adults travelling from india to maldives in first week of june 2014 for 5 nights,. we have a choice of either paradise island resort and spa OR sun island resort and spa.

can someone guide me as to which is the one we should finalise

Lincolnshire...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
8,617 posts
289 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: choice of two resorts - confusion

The transfer will cost more for Sun Island (seaplane, or possibly domestic plane) - so ensure you have budgeted for this. No house reef off the beach at Sun Island but it is a large island so maybe more facilities....it depends what you are looking for. I can't find that on this, or your other similar thread.

Divide, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
14,474 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: choice of two resorts - confusion

indian agents are in love with paradise island . I would demand a better selection . best if you go with a specialized agent like purely Maldives or simply Maldives and get offered nicer islands.

if you insist on going with the choice between paradise and sun island , it must be sun - with the understanding that its a compromise and you could do much better .

paradise island - no snorkeling off the beach at all . dismal hotel , ugly island

sun island - a little snorkeling by Italian restaurant . island much prettier but huge with streets and vehicles

3. Re: choice of two resorts - confusion

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 April 2015, 05:17