We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

is from india to go for maldives need passport

New Delhi, India
3 posts
Save Topic
is from india to go for maldives need passport

does it require passport for maldives from india

Isle of Skye...
Level Contributor
2,102 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: is from india to go for maldives need passport

You definitely need a passport. See www.immigration.gov.mv/index.php… for details about visas.

Divide, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
14,922 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: is from india to go for maldives need passport

yes .. why wouldn't you ? all international travel requires a passport

New Delhi, India
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: is from india to go for maldives need passport

like from india to nepal u need not

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,176 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: is from india to go for maldives need passport

You definitely do need one. I suspect the above poster is confusing the fact that you do not need a Visa (in advance that is - you will be issued with one at the airport), with the fact that you most certainly do need a valid passport.

SL

Edited: 17 April 2014, 18:42
Divide, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
14,922 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: is from india to go for maldives need passport

seep ... this matter intrigued me , so I looked it up on the site for the ministry of home affairs , government of india site . specifically for Nepal it states : "Identity documents required for Indian Citizen going to / coming from Nepal by Air :- (i) Valid National Passport."

for travel to other countries : "Indian nationals travelling abroad require a valid Indian passport and travel authority for the destination country.

The travel authority is normally in the form of Visa, which is obtained prior to the journey, except in case of countries where "Visa on Arrival" is available."

in the case of the Maldives, you require a valid passport and visa will be issued on arrival .

Mentioned in this post
New Delhi, India
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: is from india to go for maldives need passport

thanx i travelled nepal by road only may be that is the reason there is no passport or identity issues

7. Re: is from india to go for maldives need passport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 April 2015, 06:16