We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4 Resort Options...help me decide!

WA
Level Contributor
122 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
4 Resort Options...help me decide!

So, we decided to do Christmas in the Maldives and have received quotes from both Purely Maldives and Simply Maldives, who are both extremely helpful.

If money were not to be an issue...how would you rate these four resorts that we are choosing from over the holidays?

Kurumba

Komandoo

Veligandu

Vilamendhoo

I would love all feedback on these resorts so that we may narrow it down. Snorkelling, water villas dining etc.!

Mentioned in this post
Kurumba Maldives
Kurumba Maldives
3,964 Reviews
Vihamanafushi
Veligandu Island Resort & Spa
Veligandu Island Resort...
2,929 Reviews
Veligandu
Divide, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
14,887 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 4 Resort Options...help me decide!

kurumba .. nice resort with a decent reef but sitting smack next to the airport runway.

komandoo would be my choice from this group if I was not a diver . pretty island with good reef .. itting close to a local island though .. if that bothers you

veligandu .. nice resort with very poor snorkeling

vilamendhoo .. not great beaches and island a little crowded but best reef of the bunch and great diving nearby .

my choice a non diver would be komandoo , as diver it would have to be vila

Lincolnshire...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
9,344 posts
299 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 4 Resort Options...help me decide!

Have been to all except kurumba. My choice would be Komandoo. Adults only, excellent food & service, good reef. We're just booking for our 3rd stay....

Mentioned in this post
Komandoo Maldives Island Resort
Komandoo Maldives Island...
2,211 Reviews
Komandoo
Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
4,546 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 4 Resort Options...help me decide!

Definitely Komandoo, for the same reasons mentioned above plus beautiful water villas.

Mentioned in this post
Komandoo Maldives Island Resort
Komandoo Maldives Island...
2,211 Reviews
Komandoo
4. Re: 4 Resort Options...help me decide!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 April 2015, 06:16