We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Atmosphere Kanifushi or The Residence??? Advice please

London
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Atmosphere Kanifushi or The Residence??? Advice please

Hi....sorry if this has been asked before but I couldn't see anything.

We are looking at all inclusive hotels for our honeymoon next January 2015, we have chosen AL so we don't have to worry about paying for anything else once there, apart from the odd massage ;-)

Our travel agent has recommended flying with Omar Air business with a stopover of around 1.5hrs each way, and works out roughly the same price as flying direct with BA prem ecom. Any opinions on this?

We are now stuck with choosing the right resort, we are going for 10 nights and our 'must' for the holiday is AL and our own private pool which both resorts we are choosing from have and very similar in value.

Please help us chose between the Atmosphere Kanifushi which has a private Pool Villa on the beach, or The Residence which has an over water villa and private pool...both fairly new. My only concern with Atmosphere is that I've read some bad reviews that the beach isn't very clean, lots of coral washing up and debris from construction as well as no reef which we can swim to....Concern with the Residence is the additional domestic flight after our already 14hrs of travelling....also not sure if The Residence has premium brand drinks as we've wasted lots of money on AL before and not really drunk anything as the spirits are poor quality.

Please help us to decide.....thank you in advance! :-)

Northern Ireland...
Level Contributor
9,124 posts
286 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Atmosphere Kanifushi or The Residence??? Advice please

M addict , a maldives veteran recently visited both islands back to back so made some useful comparisons ;

tripadvisor.co.uk/…CHECK_RATES_CONT

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUserReviews-g3395506-d…

Kent, England
Level Contributor
4,471 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Atmosphere Kanifushi or The Residence??? Advice please

Is kandolhu not also in that budget?

I think the private pool is going to really restrict your choices, to the point you will miss out on some amazing islands that might otherwise be in budget.

Lincolnshire...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
8,499 posts
288 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Atmosphere Kanifushi or The Residence??? Advice please

Yes, it sounds like you should also have Kandolhu in the mix...

3 room types have pools; choice of 4 a la carte eateries on AI, 30 rooms, good house reef

Edited: 20 April 2014, 08:40
Northern Ireland...
Level Contributor
9,124 posts
286 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Atmosphere Kanifushi or The Residence??? Advice please

What is your budget though?... Cos adding pools and WVs or WVs with pools really does decrease your options as it increases the price. The extra £2k you spend on your room can always get you a better island if you forego expensive room options. However I know how you feel when you want a pool with the room.... Had it a few times and it is sheer indulgence isn't it

Loughborough...
Level Contributor
1,026 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Atmosphere Kanifushi or The Residence??? Advice please

HiNatCL,

Without a second thought it would be The Residence, we really enjoyed our stay there and would go back without doubt , the rooms with pools are fab, i did a blog while i was there for TA forum members! Kanifushi, Park Hyatt and The Residence it has some pics of all islands, have a look :)

MA.

Loughborough...
Level Contributor
1,026 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Atmosphere Kanifushi or The Residence??? Advice please

http://maldivesaddict97.tumblr.com

Loughborough...
Level Contributor
1,026 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Atmosphere Kanifushi or The Residence??? Advice please

NatCL,

By the way WELL worth the extra flight and not much longer if any than a seaplane flight.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
4,325 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Atmosphere Kanifushi or The Residence??? Advice please

Hi

With regards to the flights, wow, that must be some huge discount on Business!

As tempting as that might seem, do compare arrival times as you want to arrive as early in the morning as you can in the Maldives. Particularly if you have another flight to catch, but also as you want to get to your destination and begin your holiday :)

Lincolnshire...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
8,499 posts
288 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Atmosphere Kanifushi or The Residence??? Advice please

Also check the layover times in Oman....and the departure time from Male. You might be getting good prices if the layover is long, or the arrival/departure times are not the best.

We also prefer to arrive early, as Karla says.

London
Level Contributor
742 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Atmosphere Kanifushi or The Residence??? Advice please

wouldn't think twice - the residence.