We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Centara Grand - Trip Report

UK
Level Contributor
73 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Centara Grand - Trip Report

I just wanted to write a brief report on our recent vacation at Centara Grand (4th-12th April).

I was looking for one of the more 'family oriented' resorts as we are a family of 4 with two boys age 12 and 10. I spent a considerable amount of time researching the resorts and making enquiries with several booking agents. I ended up booking with Simply Maldives (via Amit) who gave me the best price by far and also included the island club upgrade free at the time I booked. Amit could not have been more helpful throughout the entire process and I would highly recommend him and Simply Maldives to anyone.

We arrived at Male around 8am to be met by a resort representative who immediately checked us in for our seaplane transfer and put us on the first bus to the seaplane terminal. Seaplane transfer was quick and easy and we were in resort by midday. I requested villa 18 after reading a review on TA and this was fulfilled by the resort (thanks Amit!). It's an amazing family water villa - on the end of the row so very quite and private - with a fabulous sunset every night. Check in was at Island Club and was quick and informative too.

We absolutely loved the resort. Island Club was an added bonus and it was very quiet there for a few days but then occupancy picked up and it became really quite busy but wonderful nonetheless. We ate at all of the restaurants - the choice is excellent. We enjoyed Island Club but our boys preferred the other restaurants. Italian and Thai were excellent and the reef is also enjoyable. We breakfasted at the reef as the breakfast there had a lot more choice and, of course, pancakes and waffles for the boys! The Reef rotates menus on a daily basis so its ok to eat there regularly without it getting too repetitive.

The facilities are excellent. The coral bar is a big hit with children as the teen zone is there with pool, table tennis, table football etc.. As the school holidays progressed there were more and more children in resort but it never felt crowded and for such a small island it felt very spacious indeed.

We did some of the included trips. We ere extremely fortunate to find the Whale Shark - awesome! The staff went out of their way (and I think it was quite out of their way) to try to find him!!!

The reef is amazing and right off our villa we had an almost resident turtle and every variety of sea creature you could expect to meet in the indian Ocean.

The staff in resort are so friendly and helpful. We are fortunate to have travelled a lot with the children and I would rate the staff here very highly indeed. This is a fantastic island if you want your kids to experience the magic of the Maldives. I'd go back in a flash. I so hope we can!

I'd be happy to try to answer any questions if anyone is considering this report.

Lincolnshire...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
8,284 posts
281 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Centara Grand - Trip Report

Duplicate thread

Debs - no need to post on both the main (Maldives) and sub (Centara) pages.

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
1,009 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Centara Grand - Trip Report

Debs - so glad to hear you enjoyed your holiday on this island. It gets very little support from this forum which is a shame because it has a lot to offer. We don't have kids and long story but it wasn't the island we had originally booked but we enjoyed our holiday here as much as our past favoured 5 times visited Komandoo.

Babs

3. Re: Centara Grand - Trip Report

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 April 2015, 05:16