We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Maldives & Dubai honeymoon advice needed!

Blackpool
Level Contributor
22 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Maldives & Dubai honeymoon advice needed!

Hi,

Myself and partner have recently got engaged and are already planning our wedding, and honeymoon for August 2015.

We have always wanted to visit the Maldives and Dubai so thought it would be good to do them both. Ideally our budget is about £6000 but this may be higher or lower depending on our overall wedding costs. We would like to do 3nights in Dubai and 7 in Maldives. We would like to be All Inclusive and we both like a few drinks when on holiday. And as this is a honeymoon we would like a nice 'posh' room over the water with Jacuzzi or pool.

I would be grateful if anyone can offer advice on the following points:

*To visit Dubai before or after (we are looking at a 3 night stay)

*Any recommended hotels in the Maldives, we are ideally looking for AI and would like a nice water villa with Jacuzzi/plunge pool if poss.

*Any recommended tour operators / agents that would assist in this booking. I note Virgin, Kuoni, Emirates all offer these packages but im sure it could be done cheaper.

Any other advice would also be appreciated as I don't have a clue where to start looking.

Thanks

Halstead, United...
Level Contributor
852 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Maldives & Dubai honeymoon advice needed!

Personally I'd do Dubai first and then totally relax in the Maldives!

Northern Ireland...
Level Contributor
9,124 posts
287 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Maldives & Dubai honeymoon advice needed!

Dubai first, then Kuramathi JWV on select AI don't book with the majors... Save a packet and book with travel designers, simply maldives, tropical sky, stylish resorts, travel lab/ bag or kenwood travel

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
135 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Maldives & Dubai honeymoon advice needed!

We're doing just that in 5 weeks but we are doing 4 nights in Dubai followed by 9 nights in Maldives staying at Maafushivaru. We're staying in a beach villa but they do have water villas too. We have booked through travel designers and it cost us £6000 total inc transfers etc.

Also, I'd say Dubai first - we decided to get the busy touristy bit out the way first then completely relax in the Maldives before heading home!

Edited: 22 April 2014, 21:14
london
Level Contributor
249 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Maldives & Dubai honeymoon advice needed!

Contact Jai@travellab, I have always been given a good price with excellent service

Shrewsbury, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Maldives & Dubai honeymoon advice needed!

Contact Jai@travellab, he beats tour op prices and he is very good at suggestions and offers a great service level

6. Re: Maldives & Dubai honeymoon advice needed!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 April 2015, 05:16