We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vivanta By Taj Coral Reef vs Taj Exotica

4 posts
Save Topic
Vivanta By Taj Coral Reef vs Taj Exotica

Hi,

We are planning for a 4 night trip to Maldives for our honeymoon in July. We are deciding between the lagoon Villa in Taj exotica and the water villa in Vivanta.I see that Taj Exotica is higher rated but doesn't have a house Reef. Do you think it is justified to pick Vivanta over Taj Exotica just for the house reef / snorkeling experience?

The Room tariffs are almost the same for both these locations. Can you recommend on one of these? Any Pro's and Con's with each? How much would it cost a couple for lunch + dinner ?

Also, how would you compare the lagoon villa without the pool in Taj exotica vs the one in Vivanta?

Thanks

Divide, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
14,371 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vivanta By Taj Coral Reef vs Taj Exotica

keep in mind that taj exotica is right below the final approach to the airport runway and close enough that large jets fly over with their landing gear dropped for extra noise . see this vid https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3HywA6zoso

4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Vivanta By Taj Coral Reef vs Taj Exotica

Thank for your inputs Spammie. I am not very much concerned about the jets flying over the resort a few times in the day. The Quality of the resort (less crowded and good service) , the beaches, the snorkeling experience and the activities in resort, are of interest to me. I would appreciate your feedback on the two resorts along these lines.

Folkestone, United...
Destination Expert
for Southern Ari Atoll, Maldives
Level Contributor
2,866 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Vivanta By Taj Coral Reef vs Taj Exotica

Hi

The reef at Coral Reef is nothing to write home about either

Regards

Doug

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
22 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Vivanta By Taj Coral Reef vs Taj Exotica

Hi spammie,why is it the the Taj Exotica constantly rates in the top 10 resorts on tripadvisor when you always give negative reviews regarding the few overhead planes going by.Reading the reviews,everyone gives glowing reviews regarding the resort and service given,so it cant be that bad.I for one,am so looking forward to staying there later this year.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
22 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Vivanta By Taj Coral Reef vs Taj Exotica

Hi spammie,why is it the the Taj Exotica constantly rates in the top 10 resorts on tripadvisor when you always give negative reviews regarding the few overhead planes going by.Reading the reviews,everyone gives glowing reviews regarding the resort and service given,so it cant be that bad.I for one,am so looking forward to staying there later this year.

Divide, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
14,371 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Vivanta By Taj Coral Reef vs Taj Exotica

vignesh ... taj is a very pretty island with nice beaches and good service . there is no snorkeling except by excursion as the island has no house reef . less crowded than what ? there is also a male city / industrial islands view . some people might be bothered by that .. others actually prefer the nightly lights on the horizon.

magpie .. I am not "giving it negative reviews regarding the few planes going by" .. nobody is picking on the resort . if you are not bothered - by all means , book!

however , there are a lot of people who select a resort with visions of island paradise, peace and serenity, snorkeling among colorful fishes in beautiful coral gardens and enjoying a robinson island away-from-it-all feeling .

would you not considerate fair to inform these people that this brochure fantasy is not quite what they will find at taj exotica before they spend a lot of money and end up disappointed ?

why are the reviews consistently good? the reviews for all Maldivian islands are consistently good . the only trick is to find the island that is right for the individual guest and their subjective set of priorities and preferences . taj is heavily used by business travelers who appreciate the short hop from the city while during the day they conduct business in male . these are short stay guests who are very happy to return to taj in the evening to relax in a nice hotel with fine service - versus staying in male city. taj is tailor made for that type of traveler .. nothing at all wrong with it .

for me personally .. I prefer the brochure Maldives . great snorkeling right from my watervilla , amazing sealife to view right from the hotel , excellent diving , supreme quiet and serenity . jets blasting my ears of every few minutes and city views are not part of my Maldives dream . I can get that in many places on earth .. I visit the Maldives for what makes them so unique . its people like me that I mention the drawbacks for. everyone should have access to full disclosure and be allowed to make up their own mind and pay their money where they like . sorry if that offends you magpie

4 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Vivanta By Taj Coral Reef vs Taj Exotica

Do you think its better to go with Taj Exotica due to its top10 rating, considering that neither of these two have good house reefs? Also, how expensive are these resorts for food and activities?

Divide, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
14,371 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Vivanta By Taj Coral Reef vs Taj Exotica

vignesh .. only you know what is important to you and what does and doesn't bother you . how and why did you narrow it down to these two properties? are they your only options for some reason?

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
22 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Vivanta By Taj Coral Reef vs Taj Exotica

Hi spammie,thanks for your honest reply and no,I am not offended at all.Yes,you are right about so many beautiful resorts to chose from but we made our decision based on the fact it does receive so many good reviews and being able to go with a speedboat rather than a seaplane.Believe me,it was the HARDEST decision I have had to make and after being at the Four Seasons Bora Bora(which was heaven) last year.Ive been told wonderful things about the Maldives and I for one,cannot wait.Good luck with your decision vignesh!!!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
22 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Vivanta By Taj Coral Reef vs Taj Exotica

Hi spammie,thanks for your honest reply and no,I am not offended at all.Yes,you are right about so many beautiful resorts to chose from but we made our decision based on the fact it does receive so many good reviews and being able to go with a speedboat rather than a seaplane.Believe me,it was the HARDEST decision I have had to make and after being at the Four Seasons Bora Bora(which was heaven) last year.Ive been told wonderful things about the Maldives and I for one,cannot wait.Good luck with your decision vignesh!!!