We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booking from Australia - in particular Kuramathi/Vilamendhoo

Robina, Australia
Level Contributor
431 posts
124 reviews
Save Topic
Booking from Australia - in particular Kuramathi/Vilamendhoo

Can I ask fellow Aussies who they have used to book their holidays to the Maldives?

The 2 resorts I am interested in are Vilamendhoo and Kuramathi - none of the Australian Travel Agents seem to deal with these resorts (which I guess explains why 90% of the reviews of these islands come from the UK!) - I wondered if anyone from Australia can tell me how they booked either of these resorts?

Thanks heaps!

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
8,331 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Booking from Australia - in particular Kuramathi/Vilamendhoo

Hi

You can book with

Purely Maldives

From Australia

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,671 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Booking from Australia - in particular Kuramathi/Vilamendhoo

Have not booked either of these resorts but usually use Stylish Resorts (UK). Many Uk travel agents will take bookings from Oz. I notice honeymoons.com.au (an Aust wholesaler) have Kuramath, we have used them several time via Harvey World travel. They seem to have pretty good prices. We got them to quote on Park Hyatt and they were pretty good but bad on Conrad. get 3 prices and work out the benifits of paying in AUD, also Harvey World has low cc fees.

If you look at the forum you will find Oz travel agents generally charge more.

Maldives seems to be primarily a UK destination and they have the best deals.

Good luck.

Wolverhampton...
Level Contributor
1,010 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Booking from Australia - in particular Kuramathi/Vilamendhoo

In my experience travel agents all seem to be cheap on some Islands and overpriced on others, just get as many quotes as you can.

Travel bag, travel lab, travel designers, purely Maldives, these are a few we tried...

I think everyone is trying to keep the Aussies out. Us British are so polite we don't complain much so we're good guests to have hahaha.

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
8,331 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Booking from Australia - in particular Kuramathi/Vilamendhoo

Simply Maldives is also a recommended agent on the forum :-)

5. Re: Booking from Australia - in particular Kuramathi/Vilamendhoo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 April 2015, 06:15