We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon in the Maldives

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
115 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Honeymoon in the Maldives

Hello all! I am just starting to explore the possibility of honeymooning in the Malidives. I've been doing my research so hopefully I won't annoy anyone with my questions!

We will be traveling November 23rd (2014) and are hoping to stay from 10-14 days as it's a long flight from the US. In my research it looks like we'd be best to stay in the North because it will be the end of the rainy season. We're hoping to be able to spend $7,000 USD total on lodging (all-inclusive would be even better! But looks like it may not be doable on that budget). We would like to be able to do some snorkeling from our hotel.

Any good suggestions for islands/hotels in the North? Do you think we would be best to work with a travel agent? If so any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!!!

Divide, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
14,260 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon in the Maldives

I suggest to work with purely Maldives or simply Maldives. they are based in England but well suited to help you .

as far as "north" .. that's an urban myth .. don't put any thought to that at all and simply pick the hotel you prefer. for best snorkeling you might want to head for the south ari atoll .

is the 7 k supposed to include transfer to the hotel?

have a look at angaga , kuramathi , reethi beach

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
115 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymoon in the Maldives

Thank you Spammie! The 7k is just lodging we can cover extras from other funds. Most travel agencies I'm finding are based in the UK but it's nice to hear that they would be willing to help those of us in the states!

Hampshire
Level Contributor
2,395 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Honeymoon in the Maldives

Hello CMM25

Well there is a huge number of islands within budget :-) (the only requirement I can see from your original post is a necessity for snorkeling). An initial list (unless you introduce other requirements) would include :-

Gangehi

Bandos

Eriyadu

Reethi Beach

Kurumba (but may be too close to the buzz of thngs for the whole 10 days)

Adaaran Club Rannalhi

Makunudu

Kuredu (but snorkeling not stunning)

Velidhu

Vilamendhoo

Coco Palm Dhunikolhu

Komandoo (a personal favourite)

The Residence

Kihaad

Centara Grand (a little bit over crowded)

Kandolhu

Kuramathi

Maafushivaru

Helengeli

Filitheyo

Vilu Reef

Angsana Ihuru

I am sure the forum members will also come along with some other suggestions (and maybe to remove some from my original list).

Happy researching !

Richard from PurelyMaldives

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
115 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Honeymoon in the Maldives

Thanks Richard! I don't have too many other requirements other than hoping for other than good food and drink and the opportunity to potentially explore a little bit! Would anyone recommend splitting the days between a couple different islands rather than staying in one place?

5. Re: Honeymoon in the Maldives

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 May 2015, 06:15