We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

**Centara Grand Resort or Kuredu for Honeymoon Oct 2014 ****

London
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
**Centara Grand Resort or Kuredu for Honeymoon Oct 2014 ****

Hi all,

I'm looking for some help as I'm looking into our honeymoon for Oct 2014. We have narrowed our choices down to Centara Grand Resort and Kuredu resort.

We really want somewhere relaxing, tranquil and intimate. We love to snorkel and my fiancé will be diving. We love our spa treatments and would live to have a villa over the water if possible. We also love trying out different food and will be looking for all inclusive. Our budget is £5000-£6000 and are looking to go for around 10 days.

Would anyone recommend one of the above over the other? Or another resort that may be of note rest to us?

Thanks so much!!!

Mentioned in this post
Centara Grand Island
Centara Grand Island
Southern Ari Atoll
Kuredu Island Resort & Spa
Kuredu Island Resort...
8,405 Reviews
Kuredu
Kent, England
Level Contributor
4,473 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: **Centara Grand Resort or Kuredu for Honeymoon Oct 2014 ****

Our of these two Centara as it has a full on house reef. Are you aware it's one of the most family friendly islands in the Maldives?

Why not look at Athuruga/Thudufushi or Kandolhu (newly opened). You really want to be in South Ari Atoll for good diving. You could also consider Kuramathi for their select dine around AI option.

Mentioned in this post
Athuruga Island
Athuruga Island
Southern Ari Atoll
Thudufushi Island
Thudufushi Island
Southern Ari Atoll
Kandolhu Maldives
Kandolhu Maldives
669 Reviews
North Ari Atoll
Kuramathi Island Resort
Kuramathi Island Resort
4,225 Reviews
Kuramathi
London
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: **Centara Grand Resort or Kuredu for Honeymoon Oct 2014 ****

Thank you!

Yes I was told that it was the most family friendly - do you think this would affect us? I just liked the lo of the facilities and the ultimate gold inclusive benefits.

I will have a look at your recommendation!

Divide, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
14,887 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: **Centara Grand Resort or Kuredu for Honeymoon Oct 2014 ****

I second jody's suggestion for athuruga , thudufushi , kandholhu and would add lily beach in the mix.

kuredu has extremely limited snorkeling and only a couple good dive sites . neither kuredu nor centara are tranquil and intimate

4. Re: **Centara Grand Resort or Kuredu for Honeymoon Oct 2014 ****

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 May 2015, 06:16