We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dubai Airport ,,,Soooooooo Boring !!!

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
8,326 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Dubai Airport ,,,Soooooooo Boring !!!

Hi all ;-)

What do people do with the time in between flights at Dubai ? We try to find flight with short connection times but inevitably you seem to get 2 or 3 hours at Dubai airport which I find soooo boring !!!

What do all of you do with this time ????

Darryl

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
8,326 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Dubai Airport ,,,Soooooooo Boring !!!

Have you booked a lounge at Birmingham Kenny ?

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
8,326 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Dubai Airport ,,,Soooooooo Boring !!!

Its funny how we treat ourselves to a lounge pass with all the trimmings on the way out but the journey is OK anyway because of the excitement!! The journey home however is hard work so I am thinking maybe a lounge pass at Dubai Airport on the way home would be a nice treat and something to look forward to !

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
Level Contributor
39,541 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Dubai Airport ,,,Soooooooo Boring !!!

We transit DXB at least 8 times a year and are lucky to have access to the business class lounges in both concourses through our silver membership - so we eat, drink and catch up on emails.

For Marhaba lounge see here:

https:/…lounge.aspx

I think you can get free access to Marhaba if you have certain credit cards.

I agree the shopping is pricey and the main lounge is always crowded.

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
8,326 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Dubai Airport ,,,Soooooooo Boring !!!

Thanks for the link bronia ;-) its very helpful , I am surprised at the reasonable prices .

Darryl

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
2,011 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Dubai Airport ,,,Soooooooo Boring !!!

If you travel fairly often a priority pass or lounge pass might be worth the investment. I get a free one through Amex, but you can pay for one, though not sure how much. Gets you cheap access to 100s of lounges around the world, though not as nice as Virgin's at Heathrow!

Abu Dhabi airport was pretty poor when I went through last October. Very crowded and waited an age for luggage. Wouldn't go from there again unless really necessary.

Kent, England
Level Contributor
4,471 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Dubai Airport ,,,Soooooooo Boring !!!

I mostly get some sort of rubbish fast food and then people watch!

We've spotted Deborah Meaden (Dragons Den), the Ecuadorian national football team and some other celeb.

Seriously, it passes so quickly. Always had free wifi in the gate holding area so catch up with emails, download books or whatever.

Cumbria, United...
Level Contributor
3,446 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Dubai Airport ,,,Soooooooo Boring !!!

Coffee and ice cream then either wander aimlessly aorund the shops or use the wi fi.

England, United...
Level Contributor
921 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Dubai Airport ,,,Soooooooo Boring !!!

Any suggestions for a reeeeaaallly long wait would be gratefully received. On the way out we have three hours (for the 3.35 flight to male), which is obviously fine, but on the way back we leave Male at 11pm so will have a long wait there (seaplane transfer) followed by six hours in Dubai – we arrive at 2am and leave at 8am.

I seem to recall there was a reason we opted for those flights, but it seems ages ago that we booked it and I can’t for the life of me remember (or imagine!) what it was. We will definitely be ready for a holiday by the time we get home!

I wondered if we should book a table for dinner at the airport hotel to kill time at Male – any thoughts? And any more suggestions for how to spend six hours in the middle of the night in Dubai would be great!!

Thank you in advance

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,318 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Dubai Airport ,,,Soooooooo Boring !!!

People watching in Dubai is great., and I like to find somewhere to lie flat for an hour or so if pos' ( I have no pride) also , browse the toxic smelling heavy perfumes in ornate bottles, that ive never seen elsewhere. Just enjoy the sensory input.

Wid
Wirral,England
Level Contributor
3,518 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Dubai Airport ,,,Soooooooo Boring !!!

Heineken ... £12 a pint? Flamin' Nora!