We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Water Bungalows , All Inclusive under US$500/night?

Bombay
Level Contributor
78 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Water Bungalows , All Inclusive under US$500/night?

Is it possible to find a Resort having over the Water Bungalows (50% of GILI LANKANFUSHI, if not exactly like it), having All Inclusive or Half/Full Board under USD $500/night.

Travel Time Jan-Mar.

Can anyone list the websites or TRAVEL AGENTS through which booking can be done?

1. Re: Water Bungalows , All Inclusive under US$500/night?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 10 May 2014, 18:35
Norway
Level Contributor
819 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Water Bungalows , All Inclusive under US$500/night?

Jan-March is high season which means higher prices. You might not get all inclusive, but maybe half or full board for this price. Have a look at some of the budget islands: Fihalhohi, Chaaya Reef Ellaidhoo, Reethi Beach. Maybe VIlamendhoo or Filitheyo on half board.

A good and recommended travel agent is Purely Maldives. They can help you finding which islands are available within your budget. Good luck!

Bombay
Level Contributor
78 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Water Bungalows , All Inclusive under US$500/night?

Thank you.

Also, does it help getting a better deal by contacting with the resort directly?

Any LOCAL MALDIVIAN Travel AGENTS, you can suggest?

I need only the Accomodation Part.

Thanks

Aman

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
8,924 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Water Bungalows , All Inclusive under US$500/night?

Hi

Its normally more cost effective to use a reputable agent such as purely Maldives. SimplymMaldives, Travellab who will all sell you accommodation and transfer without international flights ..

I would be cautious about using an unknown maldivian agent

Darryl

Edited: 10 May 2014, 11:43
Bombay
Level Contributor
78 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Water Bungalows , All Inclusive under US$500/night?

Great. Thanks.

Will check.

Lincolnshire...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
9,080 posts
294 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Water Bungalows , All Inclusive under US$500/night?

I didn't see that you specified LOCAL agents only in your opening post. And I would caution you to be wary of using one without checking them out fully. It is not long ago that many travellers had major problems with a particular Male agency.

Check whether all taxes and transfers are included up front or if you have a further bill upon arrival.

The hotel rack rate is usually more expensive than using an agent.

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
8,924 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Water Bungalows , All Inclusive under US$500/night?

Hi

I totally agree with our Maldives expert !!! You can't just hand good money over to any agent , some members have already had bad experiences by booking with an agent that appears to be too good to be true .

Obviously you don't have to use the agent we have listed but make sure you do your background checks before handing over your money .

Good luck

Darryl

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Water Bungalows , All Inclusive under US$500/night?

I'm not sure why you have local agents in capitals either, all I can say is make sure you pay by credit card and have the correct travel insurance to ensure you are covered if anything goes wrong.

Research is important, but can only take you so far. A local agency and a very well renowned one recently went bad, and although they went bad over a long period of time ( taking money and not booking accommodation or refunding) before the government shut them down, and a lot of people lost all their cash, the early ones who were caught out would have had no way of knowing what was about to happen. Research would have shown a very renowned agency, I understand they are about to open another agency even though they took millions from customers and resorts.

There is no laws protecting you in the Maldives hence why you need to use a credit card and be insured if you chose that booking route. I'm sad to say, I would absolutely not.

Divide, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
14,720 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Water Bungalows , All Inclusive under US$500/night?

another vote for staying well clear of local agents. get with purely Maldives or simply Maldives

Bombay
Level Contributor
78 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Water Bungalows , All Inclusive under US$500/night?

Ok. Thank you so much for the informations. Would stick to the UK Websites only. Thing is, since i will be coming from India, i thought it would be better if its Local.

But no, i think i would stick to Purely Maldives or the others etc.

Please advise whether the Rates are reasonable.

The Listed Quote on their website for 3 Nights in a WATER BUNGALOW

1.GANGEHI $1247/person

2.ADAARAN CLUB RANNALHI(Non-UK) $1860/person

3.REETHI(Non Uk) $1105/person

Whats with the UK and non-UK, is it because the Agent is located in UK?