We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time to Maldives-we loved it!

London, United...
Level Contributor
94 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
First time to Maldives-we loved it!

Just returned from our first Maldives holiday and had the best holiday of our lives-so far ;)

Flew direct with BA, 2 hour delay on the way out, very quick transfer to the resort, 45 mins away on a boat with 10 other couples, had not been expecting that given the price for a transfer!

We stayed at Coco Bodu Hithi in an island villa and had booked 2 nights in an Escape water villa but we were upgraded to a water residence! :)

Island villas.

The island villas are amazing! Huge rooms with a completely enclosed garden at the back with your own pool and day bed, decking with comfy arm chairs, outdoor shower and plenty of sunshine! Anyone looking for complete privacy would love these villas.

At the front leading to the beach was a huge partly covered deck, again with a daybed, shower and 2 very very comfortable sun loungers.

A little path led us to the beach, again 2 sun loungers with a pergola shade.

The best villas at this time of year are 323-333, 334 was quite nice too and also the first villa on the sunrise side.

There are a handful of villas that I wouldn't have wanted at all as there was no beach at all and they were completely surrounded by vegetation! I would suggest if a long deck was built in front of these 3-4 villas with steps down in the sea they would be quite appealing to those that didn't like sand and wanted shade?

Food

Fabulous! Huge variety in the Air buffet, breakfast was the usual, cooked,egg station, fruit, cereals,pastries,freshly squeezed juices,smoked salmon, bagels, pancakes waffles......

Dinner in the evening again huge variety, buffet style. Always a Ceaser salad station, other salads, pastas etc, chilled soup,beef or chicken roulades,fajitas, a few fish dishes like salmon or prawns in tiny starter size portions. There was always a BBQ type station where they cooked fresh fish, chicken,beef, lamb, prawns etc.

Outside there was often a cooking station offering different food each time, one day was risotto, the other two I can remember were tempura veg and fish and freshly cooked mussels in flavours of your choice!

Main courses of two curries each night,one or two fish dishes, a beef and chicken dish or sometimes lamb, always rice, noodles and veg!

Aqua restaurant on decks over sea, a la carte style, amazing setting and food.

Stars restaurant, again a la carte, smaller menu, liked the food but found it lacking in atmosphere a little.

We were on half board which meant we could eat in the buffet but also receive 68 dollars credit each towards a la carte restaurants. We decided on half boad with a budget for drinks, lunch etc and came in just under budget for our 10 days :)

We had the opportunity to have an outstanding evening with the sommelier and resort manager in The Wine Loft restaurant, 5 courses with matched wines,pricey at 135 dollars each but considering the standard of food and the amount of wine consumed by my OH probably good value for money for a special evening.

Latitude bar was lovely,had several lunches here and plenty of cocktails! Some of the lunch portions were huge so could easily be shared between 2!

The service we received throughout our stay was exceptional in all areas, our room boy, bar staff,waiting staff and management.

We moved to a water villa for our last couple of nights but had been upgraded to a huge water residence,it had an enormous deck with sunbeds and a daybed,a private pool and steps leading to the sea.

Although it was fabulous I preferred the island villa but am glad we experienced a water villa, it was very very windy and we were a long way out at sea, if I chose a water villa again I would request one closer the the island.

Also it felt a little detached from Island life so we still trotted back and fourth to the main bar and pool.

Overall the weather was as you all told us it would be like, hot is an understatement! It was humid most of the time, had to embrace the curls as straighteners just didn't do the job ;)

We had 5/6 hot sunny days, a couple of cloudy rainy days, a few storms and a lot of wind! But I have the best tan I've ever had! :)

My OH loved the snorkelling but was a little disappointed he didn't see many turtles or any manta rays, next time!!!

Loved walking through the sandy island pathways to the pool or various restaurant.s for meals etc.

You could be barefoot the whole time if you wished.

Overall a very relaxing resort with fab service and food, perfect for a romantic holiday for two.

You were all correct in saying that as it's out first island we will love it, we certainly did!

Would love to go back again in a couple of years!

Thanks to all the DE's for all the info I read beforehand, please keep up the good work as I'll be researching our next visit! Think we may opt for something a little more sociable next time.

Sorry for such a long post!

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,176 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First time to Maldives-we loved it!

Hi

Thanks for reporting back and pleased you had such a great time! Be warned - you'll need to start saving as nowhere else will seem the same ever again! Could you be persuaded to actually write a review as well, so that the brilliant info you've given is not lost as the threads move down the page?

SL

London, United...
Level Contributor
94 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First time to Maldives-we loved it!

Yes I'll do a review shortly!

We'll get saving !!

Hampshire
Level Contributor
2,438 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: First time to Maldives-we loved it!

Great report Travelbug - I love reading about peoples travels in Maldives.

Thanks

Richard from PurelyMaldives

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
4,331 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First time to Maldives-we loved it!

Sounds great - glad you loved it :)

Divide, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
14,406 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: First time to Maldives-we loved it!

wonderful review ! thank you for sharing .. I was actually smiling while reading

Lincolnshire...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
8,518 posts
288 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: First time to Maldives-we loved it!

Thanks for feeding back - and glad you had a great time. Another Maldives addict eh?!?

Your beach room sounds very nice.

London, United...
Level Contributor
94 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: First time to Maldives-we loved it!

Review is written but only the pics have loaded?

Richard where can I find your blog please?

Lincolnshire...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
8,518 posts
288 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: First time to Maldives-we loved it!

Travelbug - I've sent you a PM

Lincolnshire...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
8,518 posts
288 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: First time to Maldives-we loved it!

Your review and photos are online now :-)

10. Re: First time to Maldives-we loved it!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 May 2015, 06:16