We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

My new video uploaded - House reef snorkeling

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
575 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
My new video uploaded - House reef snorkeling

Anyone could tell which resort island is it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ks2XLd4Czeo

Video taken by Gopro Hero3+, aerial shot by DJI phantom quadcopter equipped with Gopro Hero3+

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: My new video uploaded - House reef snorkeling

Wow, thanks for sharing, that's an excellent video,,,great corals, fish soup and a little bit of everything from big sharks to baby turtles,,,

Only wish you had not included the sting ray feeding,,,but it was relatively tame:-))

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
575 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: My new video uploaded - House reef snorkeling

Yes, we understand it is not recommmended for any fish feeding, this video is a record of what we saw in this island and would tell all my friends not to feed fish with bread when showing them this video.

Leeds
Level Contributor
485 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: My new video uploaded - House reef snorkeling

Excellent video, amazing soft corals, I have been to the Maldives twelve times and never seen quantity like that. I am torn between getting the go pro hero 3 and a compact camera that can be used underwater, it's the image quality of the go pro stills that concern me...any comments would be appreciated.

Portugal
Level Contributor
275 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: My new video uploaded - House reef snorkeling

Bannyan Tree Vabbinfaru ?

Wolverhampton...
Level Contributor
1,010 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: My new video uploaded - House reef snorkeling

That shark jumping out of the water was amazing, nice vid

London
Level Contributor
887 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: My new video uploaded - House reef snorkeling

Wow, well done!

I am sure the photographer counts too! ;))

Let me see, a lovely island with not only fish soup but also adult sharks soup too. I got it! I have been there too! :D

NORWICH
Level Contributor
205 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: My new video uploaded - House reef snorkeling

Wow, fantastic video, takes us back to February when we had another fantastic holiday there

Berkshire
Level Contributor
883 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: My new video uploaded - House reef snorkeling

Banyan Tree/Angsana.....?

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
575 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: My new video uploaded - House reef snorkeling

Bingo! Banyantree Vabbinfaru and Angsana Ihuru.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
575 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: My new video uploaded - House reef snorkeling

Thanks for all of your positive comments!

Oztraveller, if budget is allowed, both Gopro hero 3 and compact camera are recommended, Gopro caters better for video as it offers wider angels and remember to use a long pole which allows you to shoot much more fish soups before you swim towards them and scare them to swim away. The compact camera (we took Nikon AW1) is better and easier for photos shooting as there is a viewer / display monitor which Gopro doesn't and the underwater mode of compact camera also allows color correction automatically.

Kenny, we love the spinning shark, particularly its little follower it wanna to get rid of was got flashed in front of us after the jump, really interesting!

SL, haha, thanks, will pass your compliments to OH.