We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Magic of Maldives

Halstead, United...
Level Contributor
905 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Magic of Maldives

Has anyone used Magic of Maldives to book their holiday? They are members of the travel trust association so assume this is ok.

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Magic of Maldives

No, I have not used them.

They are a husband and wife team, I don't see any employees, who operate out of a trading address in Stanmore in Middlesex. It's a limited company and it was set up in April 2013. No accounts have yet been filed but they are now due, and they have a moderate financial risk scoring. They set up mid April and changed their name to magic of Maldives communications ltd three weeks later. They appear to have atol protection.

The wife, Paula often posts on here. As no accounts yet filed, we can't comment on the financial viability.

The husband, Steven muncey has had two previous directorships, golf bites and golf and leisure enterprises. Both companies were dissolved.

That's as much as I can see without running a full check. I would add though, none of this is particularly different from any of the other small independant agencies out there, and everyone has to start somewhere.

Halstead, United...
Level Contributor
905 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Magic of Maldives

Thankyou for that info Froggy, very true that everyone has to start somewhere. Will look into it further.

London, United...
Level Contributor
352 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Magic of Maldives

Hello LoveToFly and Froggy, I don't want to say too much for fear of anything been seen as advertising but just to explain the Magic of Maldives Communications bit - an admin error by our accountant when registering the company. No idea how or why Communications crept in! It was corrected as soon as the error was spotted.

I completely understand concerns about booking with a new company and aware we have to earn a good reputation. The Travel Trust Association website has full details of the financial protection they provide to customers and suppliers of its members.

I used to be Teddingtontowner on here for years but since starting the travel company I felt it was right to declare my changed status!

Paula from Magic of Maldives

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Magic of Maldives

Ah,,,,I didn't know that about previous name:-))

3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Magic of Maldives

We have just used this company for a holiday to Bandos and are delighted with them. They have a lot of knowledge and gave us honest, tailored advice. Their prices were reasonable and our holiday was seamless thanks to their efficiency.

We want to go back to the Maldives and would use this company again for sure.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Magic of Maldives

Hi all,

I just wanted to add to this by saying that I have been recently shopping for our honeymoon. I had no idea about The Maldives and Paula at Magic of Maldives has been so helpful and very informative. Their prices are also usually lower than all of the other Kuoni-approved agents I've tried.

Definitely worth contacting her!

7. Re: Magic of Maldives

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 December 2015, 06:17