We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Live on Dharavandhoo or Dhonfanu?every day trip to Hanifaru?

Moscow, Russia
4 posts
Save Topic
Live on Dharavandhoo or Dhonfanu?every day trip to Hanifaru?

Hello,

1) Where is the best place for living (clean, interesting snorkeling): Dharavandhoo or Dhonfanu?

Is possible from this islands take every day boat to Hanifaru bay?

For example, early morning take the boat to Hanifaru Bay and at the evening return.

2) Also could you advice the best place for interesting snorkeling: South Ari or Baa (near Hanifaru Bay)?

thank you in advance)

Madrid, Spain
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
4,074 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Live on Dharavandhoo or Dhonfanu?every day trip to Hanifaru?

I have no idea, regulars here don't go to local islands, so you should try to contact a reviewer of guest houses of those islands.

Anyway looking at them, it seems they have a house reef, though as Dharavandhoo is at the edge of the Atoll, you won't be able to go all around the island (currents and waves).

Anyway, in general, snorkelling in south Ari Atoll is much better than in Baa Atoll. From what I have seen corals are more alive there...

suffolk
Level Contributor
3,747 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Live on Dharavandhoo or Dhonfanu?every day trip to Hanifaru?

HippiHappa, welcome to the forum.

You will not be able to go daily to Hanifaru. The bay is a protected area and access is now strictly controlled. If you do manage to get there, you will only have a limited time there. Resort islands are allocated certain days when they can take guests but I don't know about local islands.

The guest house on local island trade is new so there are few reviews and little information so I suggest you contact a guest house you may have shortlisted to find out what they can offer but please remember, they are not really geared up for travellers like the resort islands are.

Presumably you are aware of the restrictions in place on local islands? No alcohol, no beachware etc etc.

John

suffolk
Level Contributor
3,747 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Live on Dharavandhoo or Dhonfanu?every day trip to Hanifaru?

Some good info here...........

http://www.kethilodgemaldives.com/index.html

John

Moscow, Russia
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Live on Dharavandhoo or Dhonfanu?every day trip to Hanifaru?

Thank you for an informative answer)

Ok. If you advice a Ari Atoll, which island is better for snorkeling: Dhigurah, Omadhoo or another?

there is only two cheap islands in this area((((

Mentioned in this post
Dhigurah Island
Dhigurah Island
Southern Ari Atoll
Northern Ireland...
Level Contributor
9,124 posts
286 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Live on Dharavandhoo or Dhonfanu?every day trip to Hanifaru?

Omadhoo is in thaa atoll

Madrid, Spain
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
4,074 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Live on Dharavandhoo or Dhonfanu?every day trip to Hanifaru?

I can't give you advice on local islands, I haven't stayed at a local island and the truth is that I will never do it.. As I have said, your best option is to contact TA reviewers that have gone there... Unless you are lucky and some of them come here and answer.

7. Re: Live on Dharavandhoo or Dhonfanu?every day trip to Hanifaru?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 June 2015, 06:16