We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Are 7 days too much ? need an itenary

Indore, India
Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Are 7 days too much ? need an itenary

I want to visit in the first week of jan 2015 for my honeymoon, and wanted to know a 7 day itenary for the same . I have been getting a feedback that 3-4 days are enough and it gets monotonous onwards. Please help .

Also if i could know a list of experiences worth having other than the resorts.

Jersey
Level Contributor
173 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Are 7 days too much ? need an itenary

I could happily stay for a month or more! It is the most relaxing place on earth and the staff are so welcoming and friendly. The nature and snorkelling are amazing. Who wouldnt want to stay as long as possible. Visitors return year after year, some returning to the same island over 30 times in some cases - that tells you something!

Enjoy and take every day as it comes. Some people live life at too fast a pace. It can't be good for the heart and soul. The Maldives is! No wonder the staff are always smiling and repeat visitors have that knowing smile.

Madrid, Spain
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
4,072 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Are 7 days too much ? need an itenary

Itinerary and Maldives are something that don't go together... So, The first thing you need to do is to know exactly where you are going, so you don't get dissapointed if you are expectanting other thing (anyway I don't know who anyone could be disappointed there).

Have you read the FAQs on the right side of the website? Do it and then come back here and if you give more information, people will help.

By the way, my last three times in Maldives I stayed for 3 weeks, so imagine how bored I was...

Edited: 07 June 2014, 12:42
Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
1,538 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Are 7 days too much ? need an itenary

Seven days wouldn't be long enough for me........... can't imagine having only 3 or 4 days myself.

As other posters have said it would help if you familiarise yourself a little with the geography/nature of the Maldives as you wouldn't need an itinerary as such. Each island is a resort and it's not really possible to travel from place to place, so you would be looking at basing yourself on your chosen island for your stay. Some travellers do split their holidays but that can be expensive and would only really make any sense if you were talking in weeks and not days.

Divide, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
14,482 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Are 7 days too much ? need an itenary

7 days is not long enough . I have never been less than 15 nights and usually try for 21

Jersey
Level Contributor
173 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Are 7 days too much ? need an itenary

PS - you are going on honeymoon - surely you want more than 3-4 days!

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
2,059 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Are 7 days too much ? need an itenary

Despite India being relatively close to the Maldives, do bear in mind that your first and last day wont involve very much time in the resort. Go for as long as you can afford, even if that means downgrading room type/resort.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
4,358 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Are 7 days too much ? need an itenary

My ideal length would be 3 weeks for real relaxation ... usually for for 10-14 days though.

NORWICH
Level Contributor
206 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Are 7 days too much ? need an itenary

Omg no way, you need a MINIMUM 14 nights , longer when possible

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Are 7 days too much ? need an itenary

Who is telling you three to four nights Is enough? Have they actually been?

NORWICH
Level Contributor
206 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Are 7 days too much ? need an itenary

Totally agree with froggy