We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

which all inclusive water villa is the best for honeymoon?

London, United...
5 posts
Save Topic
which all inclusive water villa is the best for honeymoon?

i was just researching good honeymoon resorts in maldives and stumbled upon numerous but am having difficulty in choosing a good all inclusive water villa preferably with a private pool!!would someone advice me on their experience of the same..!!

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
8,077 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: which all inclusive water villa is the best for honeymoon?

Hi jj welcome to the forum :-)

You need to post more information about what you are looking for in an island ,check out the FAQs for guidance . Also it's very important you tell us your budget .

Good luck

Darryl

London, United...
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: which all inclusive water villa is the best for honeymoon?

hey darryl ,

i jus want a water villa with private pool , and good food (all inclusive)..I am coming for my honeymoon so i prefer less sightseeing or activities..Jus want a good resort with clean and tidy rooms and beach ..budget is not the problem...i want it to be the best one..!!

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
1,907 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: which all inclusive water villa is the best for honeymoon?

Budget is always a factor. Do you want to spend $300 a night or $20,000 a night. Prices vary dramatically with a lot of factors affecting. Do you want buffet or ala carte? Large island/small island? etc etc.

To get useful recommendations we need more info...

London, United...
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: which all inclusive water villa is the best for honeymoon?

i can see there are pretty lot of resorts there..i don mind spending up to $3000 in total for the resort stay of 4 nights 5 days excluding flight tickets..Large island would be nice and i didnt knw all inclusive food again comes with options of a la carte and buffet?? i thought food was always buffet in all inclusive...we would like to have buffet..!!

Divide, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
14,039 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: which all inclusive water villa is the best for honeymoon?

what time of year are you planning to go ? and is that budget supposed to include room/AI/transfers to the resort and all fees and taxes ?

also keep in mind ... 4nights 5 days doesn't exist in the Maldives . day one and 5 are travel days where you might spend only a few hours in resort. you are looking at 4 nights, 3 days.

London, United...
5 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: which all inclusive water villa is the best for honeymoon?

alrite...i am planning to visit in first week of september..!!any suggestions guys? hws athuruga ?? and kurumba..i like lily beach resorts which looks like high end..

London, United...
Level Contributor
691 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: which all inclusive water villa is the best for honeymoon?

Are all those resorts available and within your budget? Athuruga is a very good choice and my favorite from that list. Kurumba doesn't have water villas and is too close to the airport. Lily Beach is a good choice too. It has large and luxurious water villas though it does cater to families with children, and the island itself is not as beautiful as Athuruga.

Divide, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
14,039 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: which all inclusive water villa is the best for honeymoon?

big difference between these islands . I assume you have made sure they fit within your budget ? and provided budget for the seaplane transfer ?

kurumba is basically next to the airport runway . it is a good resort but would obviously fall short of having watervillas . there are however very nice pool villas available. the resort is used by ultra short stay guests like yourself .. so expect some turnover of guests rather than the tranquility you find on other islands. transfer is by speedboat and short , which translates into reasonably cheap . kurumba does have a house reef for off the beach snorkeling.

athuruga .. a true gem and by far my favorite between your 3 choices . I am surprised it fits in your budget and they used to have a minimum stay policy . that might have changed of course .. there is no pool on athuruga. the island sports a wonderful athmosphere , good food , excellent snorkeling right from the beach and a marvelous all rounder . very romantic for honeymooners.

lily beach also has a nice reef , if not as good . its a very family friendly island and to my taste not as romantic . I find it quite soul less. food is good , rooms are nice. the deluxe water villas feature jaccuzis .

as jp stated .. lily beach is by far not as beautiful an island as athuruga.

lily beach and athuruga are not high end but a good solid middle of the road. you wouldn't go wrong with either. both are seaplane transfer

Edited: 11 June 2014, 17:31
9. Re: which all inclusive water villa is the best for honeymoon?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 June 2015, 06:17