We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which Island for November? Dine around

Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Which Island for November? Dine around

Hello

My boyfriend and I are looking to go to the Maldives in November for a week. Has anyone been in November, what is the weather like at this time?

Also we can't decide which island to choose. We want to go to an island where we can eat in a number of restaurants rather than being tied to 1 or 2. Out top choices at the moment are:

Kuramathi

Komandoo

Holiday Inn Kandooma

Lux

Velassaru

Kurumba

Veligandu

Centara Ras Fushi

Thanks!

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
7,897 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which Island for November? Dine around

Hi

No one can predict the weather but I have been at this time and it was fine but it's a gamble.

If you are interested in some great dinning I would check out kuramathi , it's a large island but has a good reputation on the forum and some of the best dinning options in the Maldives.

Some of the other islands are also nice choices but I would dismiss C R F it won't provide you with what you are looking for !!!

Darryl

Divide, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
13,903 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which Island for November? Dine around

kill ras fushi .. fast !

of whats left ..do you want to be able to snorkel from the beach (rather then by excursion only) ? , if yes .. then scrap kandooma , lux , velassaru and know that veligandu has some snorkeling but its poor

kurumba is a nice resort but right next to the airport runway .

if komandoo is still bookable .. its a nice island .. kuramathi is a good choice as well

yes I have been in November and I have had any sort of weather from really bad to just fine . its the rainy season .. expect some rain .

Edited: 13 June 2014, 14:39
Swanwick, United...
Level Contributor
4,356 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which Island for November? Dine around

Also take a look at Reethi Beach it also has a dine around option and is a good all rounder. IMO a smaller version of Kuramathi.

Northern Ireland...
Level Contributor
9,124 posts
287 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which Island for November? Dine around

Kuramathi 1st

Reethi 2nd

Lincolnshire...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
7,664 posts
254 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which Island for November? Dine around

We're going to Komandoo again in November. The Maldives weather in November can be mixed....in the past we've had 11 days of cloud/drizzle/rain/wind (hopefully worst case scenario) through to 11 days of glorious sunny weather with just the odd shower.

Note that Kom was booking up fast for that time even when we booked several weeks ago and it only has 1 buffet restaurant and 1 a la carte. The a la carte is not included in any board basis but you do get a discount if you already have dinner included in your board basis.

When you say dine around, I'd be thinking of Kuramathi, Reethi Beach and maybe Kandolhu (if your budget can stretch), where you can get a level of AI which includes all restaurants or BB where you pay as you go in any eatery.

6. Re: Which Island for November? Dine around

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 June 2015, 06:16