We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lily Beach

London
Level Contributor
37 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Lily Beach

Hi,

I'm new to the forum and have been reading posts daily for a couple of weeks now.

I notice when people ask for recommendations that Lily Beach isn't very often mentioned. I was just wondering if it was for any particular reason. Thanks.

London, United...
Level Contributor
691 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lily Beach

Lily Beach is a family friendly island, and some people are put off by the unattractive combination of wave breakers and groynes around a large part of the island. That being said...the deluxe water villas are very nice and the reef is great. The AI plan is also very comprehensive.

Divide, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
14,260 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lily Beach

its not a very pretty island , family friendly and I just didn't like the athmosphere. rooms are good .. reef is good

London
Level Contributor
37 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lily Beach

Thank you! Bit of a relief it's nothing worse as my husband has booked it for my 50th birthday in November as a surprise!! It's the first time we've been to the Maldives. It certainly doesn't show the wave breakers and groynes on the website does it!!!

Leeds
Level Contributor
485 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lily Beach

I enjoyed my stay at Lily Beach two years ago, yes there can be children about but there is supposed to be a family end and an adult end. Food was very good and reef was excellent.

We had a lagoon villa and thought it was one of the best rooms we have ever had in the Maldives and we have been coming for over 20 years.

London
Level Contributor
37 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lily Beach

Thank you. I'm not too worried about children being there, even though ours are both grown up now.

We're staying in a deluxe water villa so very excited!

London, United...
Level Contributor
691 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lily Beach

You will have a great time. The western end of the island where the deluxe water villas are is beautiful and not affected by the sea defences mentioned above.

Jersey
Level Contributor
173 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lily Beach

A couple of people I met in kuredu this year had a week in lily beach first. They absolutely loved it, swam with whale sharks- their photos were amazing. AI meant just that- even cigarettes! ( none of us smoke, but for the smokers, that'd be great for them)

8. Re: Lily Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 June 2015, 06:16