We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Feedback on "Sunny Maldives" Travel Agent

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
5 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Feedback on "Sunny Maldives" Travel Agent

Recently, I went out for quote to 4 different travel agents: Secret Paradise, Purely Maldives, Simply Maldives and Sunny Maldives (http://www.sunnymaldives.com).

So far I got quotes from Secret Paradise and Sunny Maldives. Sunny Maldives quote is the best, cheaper by around $100 (I am just staying for 2 nights to relax after my Sri Lanka vacation).

Anyone have any feedback on this tour agent?

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
8,927 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Feedback on "Sunny Maldives" Travel Agent

If it was me ,for the sake of only $100 I would go with one of the forum recommended agents !!

Simply Maldives

Purely Maldives

Darryl

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
5 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Feedback on "Sunny Maldives" Travel Agent

Thanks Daryl. You are right, Purely and Simply are highly recommended (hopefully they get back to me with a quote). Even Secret Paradise is well reviewed on this website.

I was hoping maybe someone had experience with some new companies like Sunny Maldives.

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,176 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Feedback on "Sunny Maldives" Travel Agent

I have never heard of either of the 2 agents you have quoted here. A quick check has shown that they are both Maldivian agencies. Personally, I wouldn't touch either with a barge pole - there have been too many negative experiences with such agencies reported on here, to risk it. There are plenty that are known to be reliable out there - both Simply and Purely Maldives are 2 of them. I am highly surprised that you haven't had quotes back from them, but have from the others, as they invariably respond virtually by return. With travelling all the way from Canada - if that is where you are coming from - I'd definitely book with a well known agency. Just my opinion.

SL

Halstead, United...
Level Contributor
915 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Feedback on "Sunny Maldives" Travel Agent

I agree, either Purely or Simply Maldives. Both are very helpful, our quote from Simply was excellent so we have used them.

Antalya, Turkey
Level Contributor
304 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Feedback on "Sunny Maldives" Travel Agent

Also agreeing with darrylpaula, and if it is not a tax related story (what local agency's like to promote as discount and than must be paid up on arrival) i am sure that the same or better you can get from the here (TA) promoted and discussed agency's.

Hampshire
Level Contributor
2,533 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Feedback on "Sunny Maldives" Travel Agent

Hello Salahuddin

Unfortunately your request was received at 21:06 last night (when our offices were shut) - it was responded to at 10:29 this morning.

Many thanks

Richard

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
5 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Feedback on "Sunny Maldives" Travel Agent

To be fair I emailed Simply and Purely Maldives just yesterday, I have to give them few days to respond (especially with time difference).

Richard, I got your quote now. Will look through them and checkout the resorts.

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
5 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Feedback on "Sunny Maldives" Travel Agent

So did u finally booked from sunny Maldives or not. I need some feedback or reviews.are they geneuin

Edited: 18 December 2014, 06:10
Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
5 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Feedback on "Sunny Maldives" Travel Agent

So did u finally book with them or not. Want to know if sunny Maldives is genuine or fake.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
5 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Feedback on "Sunny Maldives" Travel Agent

All the travel agents' (Secret Paradise, Purely Maldives, Simply Maldives and Sunny Maldives) quotes were competitive and they were really helpful and responsive.

I went with Sunny Maldives. The trip was excellent, no hiccups. Their staff came to receive me at the airport and then see us off till the speedboat. No complaints from me. I will recommend Sunny Maldives along with other popular ones on this board.