We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Meedhuparu seaplane price

Aylesbury, United...
Level Contributor
322 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Meedhuparu seaplane price

Just been quoted £495 per person for seaplane transfer. This seems expensive to me for a 45 minute flight. Are we being ripped off?

Swanwick, United...
Level Contributor
4,361 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Meedhuparu seaplane price

I think we paid £320 pp for our 30 minute transfer coming up soon. So by my calculations sounds about right, but agree it is expensive!

Male
Level Contributor
303 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Meedhuparu seaplane price

You should check around as the rate should be around 383.00 USD PP. USD not £, so i guess you have to check careful. (If it is for Adaaran Meedhuparu).

Edited: 02 July 2014, 16:45
London, United...
Level Contributor
347 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Meedhuparu seaplane price

It does sound a little on the high side but seaplanes are expensive, and there's no alternative. The resort organises the transfer and you can't do it yourself. Different agents will package the transfer cost in their total price so you could compare a few quotes.

Paula from Magic of Maldives

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Meedhuparu seaplane price

Ckb is correct, What agency quoted you that please? The actual price is 366 usd per person return for seaplane, which is approx 250 pounds per person return trip. Are you sure it's per person price? The price should be 500 gbp for you both, not per person. It's not a little on the High side, it's double the actual price.

If someone is asking you for 500 gbp per person for a return trip, so 1k gbp for two of you, hen yep, you are indeed being messed about. If they are faking cheap room prices and loading the seaplane, that's not very good. Total price is what's important though.

Are you sure you have read it correctly?

London, United...
Level Contributor
347 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Meedhuparu seaplane price

Gosh, Froggy, you're right, I was reading it as USD not £, and thinking a cheeky agency may have loaded on a profit, but £495 is way too much. I suspect someone's made an honest mistake somewhere.

Paula from Magic of Maldives

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Meedhuparu seaplane price

Yes, I suspect it's been misread,,,500 gbp is the price for two people. 500gbp each is way above cheeky and into extracting the proverbial.....

Male
Level Contributor
303 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Meedhuparu seaplane price

I believe you should share the quotation you have with some of the TA ers here, just to be sure that you have a fair deal, not a "tricky one"

Aylesbury, United...
Level Contributor
322 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Meedhuparu seaplane price

Thank you for all your replies chaps. My mistake! I've checked and the £495 quoted is for both us.

9. Re: Meedhuparu seaplane price

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 July 2015, 06:16