We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice on island and hotel appreciated

Brechin, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Advice on island and hotel appreciated

Hi. My husband and I are looking to visit the Maldives in early May 2015 for 7 nights. We will be travelling from the UK and would prefer to not spend more than £3000 in total although would increase the budget if necessary to £4000. We would prefer a water bungalow and somewhere where the snorkelling is good. This is a trip without our toddler so just looking to relax therefore we would prefer a quiet hotel with a nice pool.

Any advice on which island or hotel to choose is appreciated as I don't know much about the islands.

Loughborough...
Level Contributor
1,026 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice on island and hotel appreciated

Not sure you would get a water villa with that budget, best thing you could do is contact your preferred travel agency and get some quotes for some islands then people on here could advise more on helping you choose the right island.

London, United...
Level Contributor
362 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice on island and hotel appreciated

I think you will struggle for a Water Villa for under 3K, but under 4K should be do-able. Low season starts 1 May so the rates drop, and many islands have special offers, eg stay 7 nights for price of 6, but it's cheaper because you are taking more of a risk with the weather. It will still be hot but expect more clouds and some rain. Reethi Beach has good value Water Villas and is a favourite with many on here, including me!

Paula from Magic of Maldives

London
Level Contributor
73 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Advice on island and hotel appreciated

Hi Louise

The Jacuzzi Water Villa's at both Vilamendhoo & Komandoo would also work here. They both offer good snorkeling & fall within the £4k budget. Komandoo currently is the only resort in the Maldives which is Adult Only (no under 18's allowed on the island)

Hope that helps

Amit from Simply Maldives

4. Re: Advice on island and hotel appreciated

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 July 2015, 06:16