We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seaplane Transfer Luggage Allowance

Midlands, UK
Level Contributor
54 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Seaplane Transfer Luggage Allowance

We're travelling with Emirates and have a 30kg per person allowance, but we are only taking 2 cases between 4 of us. I realise that the seaplane transfer allows 20kg per person, so will we be ok with 2 cases at maybe 26kg each between 4 of us (i.e 52kg between 2 cases for 4 people)?

Folkestone, United...
Destination Expert
for Southern Ari Atoll, Maldives
Level Contributor
2,853 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Seaplane Transfer Luggage Allowance

Hi

They weigh them all together so you'll be fine anyway it's actually 25 kilos per person which includes hand luggage

Regards

Doug

Skeggy in UK
Level Contributor
477 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Seaplane Transfer Luggage Allowance

Don't worry anyway. I take my own dive gear (except tank !) so our luggage frequently tops out at about 52-54 kgs. The last time we went (March 14), I had to pay the princely sum of about $ 25 (£17) extra for the seaplane, which covers you both ways.

Midlands, UK
Level Contributor
54 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Seaplane Transfer Luggage Allowance

Thanks to those that replied. We weighed in at about 47kg total for 2 checked in cases and some hand luggage on top without any bother yesterday. Absolutely loving the Maldives experience so far!!

Skeggy in UK
Level Contributor
477 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Seaplane Transfer Luggage Allowance

Great to hear it ! Which island have you gone to ?

Midlands, UK
Level Contributor
54 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Seaplane Transfer Luggage Allowance

Lily Beach

Skeggy in UK
Level Contributor
477 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Seaplane Transfer Luggage Allowance

Hope you have great time, look forward to a review !

7. Re: Seaplane Transfer Luggage Allowance

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2015, 05:15