We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Simply Maldives travel company

Dorset
Level Contributor
30 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Simply Maldives travel company

Hi

Can anyone help please? Looking to book a holiday for June 2015 to the Maldives, We stayed in the Maldives 5ish years ago and always book our holidays through Thomson, they don't go there now, although Hayes & Jarvis do and I gather they are a subsidiary of Thomsons. Whilst trawling the internet I came across "Simply Maldives", prices look good, better than H & J, website looks professional, but I know that doesn't mean anything. Does anyone have any advice about this company. I see they are ATOL protected, but I don't see anything about ABTA. Having had the security of Thomsons, I'm a little wary about jumping outside my comfort zone.

Thanks for your time. Jo

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
8,090 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Simply Maldives travel company

Hi

Simply Maldives are regularly recommended on the forum :-) you won't have any problems.

Also try

Purely Maldives

Simply Maldives

Travellab

Good luck

Darryl

Northern Ireland...
Level Contributor
9,124 posts
286 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Simply Maldives travel company

This year, Simply Maldives were over £1000 cheaper than the next cheapest quote from the above so we booked with them and they are a very professional outfit.

Dorset
Level Contributor
30 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Simply Maldives travel company

Many thanks

Jo

Halstead, United...
Level Contributor
867 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Simply Maldives travel company

I've also booked with them for our trip next year, a lot cheaper and very helpful. I was a little concerned about the price difference but after speaking to Amit am 100% happy!

Bucharest, Romania
Destination Expert
for Seychelles
Level Contributor
5,758 posts
217 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Simply Maldives travel company

They are the best UK operator I worked with (and they are quite a few). Not only that they gave me the best quote for Vilamendhoo for June 2014 but also they were very professional in replying to my tens of emails and to my requests. They even send two times my room request to Vila and the guest relations fulfilled our request.

Miki

Edited: 10 July 2014, 16:33
Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
152 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Simply Maldives travel company

We used Amit from SM to book based on TA recommendations found the company in general polite and helpful (and the cheapest). we have not traveled yet so can only comment on booking process.

I would like to raise a couple of points though, they do encourage you to speak on the phone as they are obviously aware you are much more likely to book there and then without looking around. I personally would never want to do this.

I found the chat feature on the website unreliable and the operator would often disappear leaving me to start again another time.

I am obviously not blaming A from SM completely as he cannot tell the future buy he assured us if we did not book soon the price of the flights would increase dramatically or sell out, looking at the BA site a few days ago i could see the flight was now £500 cheaper. I do know this may normally be the case and do not wish to be negative as i am sure i would have booked anyway.

For me PM and SM had similar quotes all the others i tried were allot more.

Dorset
Level Contributor
30 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Simply Maldives travel company

Thanks everyone for your help, will definitely check out the other sites, but you have put my mind at rest regarding booking with SM

8. Re: Simply Maldives travel company

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2015, 03:15