We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help on which island to choose from

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
72 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Help on which island to choose from

Hi all,

First time in Maldives will be traveling in early September. Reached out to purely Maldives and received a few island options. Unfortunately, the islands I preferred were not available.

Preferred All-inclusive but I am typically not much of a drinker, would full-board be suffice?

Here are the islands that I narrowed down to:

Filitheyo

Kuredu

Kuramthi is also available but significally higher price but only includes full-board.

Thanks in advance for any input!

Halstead, United...
Level Contributor
869 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help on which island to choose from

Hi, I've been to filitheyo out of those and really liked it, personally I like All Inclusive as there's no nasty suprise of a hefty bill at the end. It really depends on the price difference I guess. You will drink a lot of soft drinks and water as it's so hot and these can soon add up. If snorkelling is a priority then filitheyo or kuramathi are probably your best options although kuredu has a reef that I believe is quite a way out and deep.

Divide, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
14,112 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help on which island to choose from

depends what your priorities are . you are choosing between these 2 (3) by what standards ?

it seems you will also be in Italy and japan at the same time ? - as per your posts in other forums...

Edited: 16 July 2014, 19:42
Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
178 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Help on which island to choose from

Only ever gone full board and always worked out quids in. We hardly drink any booze just water, coffee, tea fruit juice etc as the extra cash goes on diving/massages and such. Last time all water was free being repeaters, don't ask don't get... :) Correction, also been half board which was great what with huge breakfasts.

We check our bill every few days to make sure we are on budget. There are always people in the queue at reception getting nasty shocks...

Just work out if AI will suit you...

Madrid, Spain
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
4,067 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help on which island to choose from

As Spammie says, it's difficult to recommend something without knowing your requeriments.

AS per meal plan, I started going once AI and then FB, till I saw it was stupid to pay for lunch as we only ate it because we had paid for it but we didn't really want to eat (maybe it's because the age), so we started going HB and even BB in Baros last eyar (being BB in Baros cheaper than HB and more flexible: we choose what we want).

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
72 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Help on which island to choose from

Thanks all for the replies!

Unfortunately, these were the only packages available in my price range with a house reef. I'd prefer a nicer island/accommodation atmosphere more than anything else.

After reading reviews for all three locations, it seemed like Kuramthi were the nicest of the three but would be $400 USD more expensive per person and only include full board.

6. Re: Help on which island to choose from

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 July 2015, 06:17