We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reethi Beach vs Kerudu Island

London, United...
6 posts
Save Topic
Reethi Beach vs Kerudu Island

Hi All

I am busy planning my honeymoon to the Maldives next year March and cant decide between Reethi and Kerudu. I know they are 2 different islands, the one being smaller with way less rooms on but still cant decide between the 2.

From reading numerous reviews (trying to only read those who have been to Maldives more than once) some of the reviews on Reethi came up that the staff were not that helpful in the restaurants and bars, but didnt see any complaints about Kerudu - not sure if this is just people over demanding?

Also a big factor in deciding on which island to choose the quality of the house reefs and where the snorkeling is the best. From what i have read Reethi seems to be a bit better than Kerudu? Any views on this?

Any help in deciding between these 2 islands would be much appreciated thanks!

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
8,572 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Reethi Beach vs Kerudu Island

Hi

If the reef and snorkeling is high up on your list I would also go for Reethi.

We found kuredus reef too far out and too deep also a bit bland . On the up side Kuredu is a nice island .

Having read your comments I would also recommend looking at ..

Vilamendhoo

Komandoo

Darryl

Wolverhampton...
Level Contributor
1,010 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Reethi Beach vs Kerudu Island

If the reef is a big factor then I would scrub Kuredu off your list.

I loved it personally, the island is really big and spacious and the food is good. There are massive schools of fish, lots of turtles and sharks, the house reef even has a shipwreck to swim over.. However unless you are a strong swimmer who is capable of diving down a few meters to get a closer look then it's not ideal, the dropoff is between 5m and 20m deep in some places and also a good 50m from shore.

You can jump straight in from the jetty but the swim back is quite far, the bonus is the area between drop off and shore is where lots of green sea turtles hang out.

I would go again definitely, but not if seeing beautiful coral was my biggest priority.

London, United...
Level Contributor
364 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Reethi Beach vs Kerudu Island

If snorkelling is a priority, I would also go for Reethi from those two islands. I have always found the staff to be incredibly helpful and keen to do anything they can to make your holiday special.

Paula from Magic of Maldives

London, United...
6 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Reethi Beach vs Kerudu Island

Thanks for the great replies so far.

Essentially looking for a smaller island that has all the normal activities that you can find at the bigger ones. Looking for a real island feel, something that Reethi seems to offer.

Looking for all-inclusive packages and a resort that has a few different bars and restaurants and as mentioned above looking for some good snorkeling.

Not that torn between a Water villa and a beach villa, although you can get a water villa for a reasonable price at Reethi.

London, United...
Level Contributor
364 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Reethi Beach vs Kerudu Island

I think you have just described Reethi!

Paula

norfolk
Level Contributor
2,651 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Reethi Beach vs Kerudu Island

Have been too both and Reethi for sure!

7. Re: Reethi Beach vs Kerudu Island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 July 2015, 06:16